Engineering Institute of Technology - Electrical Engineering Courses
Accredited Postgraduate Programs
- Master of Engineering (Electrical Systems) II
- Graduate Certificate of Renewable Energy Technologies I
Accredited Undergraduate Programs
Accredited Diploma and Advanced Diploma Programs
- Advanced Diploma of Applied Electrical Engineering (Electrical Systems) I
- Advanced Diploma of Applied Electrical Engineering (Power Industry) I
- Advanced Diploma of Electrical and Instrumentation (E & I) Engineering in Mining I
- Advanced Diploma of Electrical and Instrumentation (E & I) Engineering for Oil and Gas Facilities I
- Diploma and Advanced Diploma of ESI UET50212 and UET60212 I(Australia and New Zealand only)
Professional Development Series
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Arc Flash Protection
- Professional Certificate of Competency in AS3000:2007 Electrical Wiring Standards (Australia and New Zealand only)
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Circuit Breakers, Switchgear and Power Transformers – Safe operation and Maintenance
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Electrical Power System Protection
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Electrical Power System Fundamentals for Non-Electrical Engineers
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Fundamental E & I Engineering for Oil and Gas Facilities
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Operation and Maintenance of Diesel Power Generating Plants
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Power Distribution
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Practical Engineering for Energy Efficiency
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Substation Design (Main Equipment)
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Substation Design (Control, Protection and Facility Planning)
There is scarcely an aspect of modern life that is not dependent on electrical energy. It is used in such varied activities as cooling, heating, transport, manufacturing, production, communications, minerals processing and water transfer. Engineers and technicians with an electrical diploma find employment in fields as diverse as generation, transmission, distribution and the eventual application of electrical energy in machinery. Due to the challenges of climate change there is also a vital interest in the use and storage of renewable and sustainable energy. The demand for well trained electrical professionals is assured with rapid expansion of the electricity supply in the developing world, the addition of the yet-to-be-constructed smart grid, and our growing dependency upon electricity supply of high integrity.
Electrical engineering skills and knowledge are also critical in a wide range of industries ranging from oil and gas, water utilities, process plants, mining, pharmaceuticals, manufacturing and defence. The Engineering Institute of Technology (EIT) provides electrical engineering courses online for engineers and technicians of all levels and from all types of industry, be it mining, oil and gas or instrumentation.
The Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas in Electrical Engineering cover a large range of topics and are suited to anyone needing an intensive and practical look at all facets of electrical engineering. The short courses that form part of EIT's professional development series are designed to provide students with critical knowledge and practical tools that can be immediately applied to the workplace. They are ideal to up-skill and/or cross-skill in a particular area or technology.
Key subjects in EIT's School of Electrical Engineering include: power generation, transmission, distribution, rotating machinery, power electronics, earthing and safety regulations, electrical documentation and drawings, ac and dc machines, circuit breakers, transformers, energy efficiency, earthing and lightning, power systems protection, DC and AC emergency power supplies, electrical safety, electrical wiring regulations, high voltage supplies and power quality.
EIT also offers a range of electronic engineering courses that provide students with an in depth knowledge of electronic circuits and systems used across a range of industries.
To learn more about the engineering programs offered by EIT, please complete our contact form available in this link and we will have one of our expert Course Advisors assist you.
I: Vocational Eduation & Training (VET) sector
II: Higher Education sector