Virtual Event: Insight into Power System Protection and Design
7 October 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
7 October 2021 at 12:00pm - 4:00pm (Australian WST)
This half day virtual event has been created as a taster and lead in to our larger two day Power Systems conference due to be held in May 2022. This virtual event and mini conference features some of our key presenters from the main conference delivering an insight into power system protection design, installation, testing and inspection procedures for industrial and commercial power systems with a strong focus on renewable energy and integration, microgrids, electrical safety and substation automation. This event will explore these electrical topics from a fresh yet practical perspective to help delegates reduce expensive downtime in their plant and/or equipment by identifying the correct application of these principles.
Event Topics & Presentations Include:
- Renewables and Alternatives Implementation and the Associated Technical Issues
- How to leverage FCAS from a VPP without a market
- Can PV contribute to operating reserve?
- Designing a DERMS – The role and limits of forecasting and dynamic export
- Protection performance challenges with increasing levels of inverter based generation
- Case Study: Mina de Cobre Panama - Integration of IEC61850 in protection systems
- Thermal Energy - Smart Distribution in Districts and Buildings
- Voltage, Stability and Islanding Control in Microgrids
View the full event page here: Virtual Event: Insight into Power System Protection & Design-General (idc-online.com)
- Access to the live virtual event on 7 October 2021
- All ticket holders will receive the recording of the event (post event this will be sent out)
- Certificate of attendance
- A free download of one of our professional eBooks - RRP $139.94+
- 15% off a registration to the IDC Power System Protection & Design Main Conference
- 10% off an Engineering Institute of Technology Professional Certificate of Competency Course - Valid to use the code until April 2022, or any future courses
*Please note this is a live event, if you cannot make the time we will be sending out the recording however the only part you won't be able to participate in is Q&A (however you will still what questions were asked).
Early Bird - $149pp - Early bird discount runs until September 24th 2021
Single Ticket - $199pp
Student Ticket 50% Discount - $99.50 - To access student ticket pricing, you'll need to email us proof that you are a current studying student and we'll give you an access code to enter upon checkout for the discount. Email this to email@example.com
If you experience any difficulties or have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Certificates of Attendance
All delegates who attend the event are eligible to receive a certificate of attendance. Please let us know via email to email@example.com if you would like this emailed to you after the event.
Full Conference: 12 & 13 May 2022
Power System Protection & Design - Two Day Hybrid Event (In Person & Virtual)
All attendees who attend this 'insight virtual event' receive 15% off a registration (of any ticket type, in person or virtual) to the main two day conference in May 2022. To view the event and full speaker lineup head to the events page here.
Stay in touch
Subscribe to our newsletter for all the latest updates.