April 10 @ 10:00 pm - 11:00 pm UTC+0
Start time where you are: 2:00 am +04
In this webinar, we will explore the advancement in digital design tools and methodologies that are enabling civil engineers to create and refine innovative structures. We will cover topics ranging from advanced fabrication techniques made possible by digital technologies to the integration of interdisciplinary approaches. Through this session, you will gain a comprehensive understanding of the tools that are shaping the future of civil engineering.
We will also discuss the revolutionary impact of digital twins, which allow for real-time simulation, visualization, and ongoing monitoring of structures. Additionally, we will explore the secure and transparent aspects of blockchain technology, which enhances data sharing and project execution through smart contracts. Through insightful discussions and practical insights, this webinar aims to equip professionals and students alike with the knowledge to navigate the dynamic intersection of digital design, fabrication, and emerging technologies in the field of civil engineering. This is an excellent opportunity to stay at the forefront of industry innovation and be part of a future where technology shapes the very foundations of the built environment.
- The webinar will be recorded and will be sent out to registered attendees afterwards.
- A certificate of attendance will be provided to attendees who request one near the end of the live webinar session.
- Please note: the time stated on this event is in UTC. You will need to convert this to your own time zone.
Key takeaways from this webinar
- Comprehensive Digital Proficiency: Participants will develop a thorough understanding of the diverse digital tools and methodologies that are reshaping the landscape of civil engineering, encompassing advanced fabrication techniques and interdisciplinary integration.
- Strategic Implementation of Technologies: Attendees will learn how to strategically implement digital twins and blockchain technology to revolutionize project management, enabling real-time simulation, visualization, secure data sharing, and execution through smart contracts.
- Empowered Decision-Making: This webinar aims to empower professionals and students with practical insights and discussions, equipping them with the knowledge to navigate the dynamic intersection of digital design, fabrication, and emerging technologies in the field of civil engineering.
This webinar/topic relates to our school of Civil Engineering, particularly found in the following courses:
- Graduate Certificate in Civil Engineering: Structural
- Online – Bachelor of Science (Civil & Structural Engineering)
- Online – Master of Engineering (Civil: Structural)
- Graduate Certificate in Civil Engineering (Structural Analysis and Design)
About the presenter
Karoline Figueiredo, EIT Lecturer & Civil Engineer
Karoline Figueiredo is a dedicated professional with a robust background in sustainable construction and environmental engineering. She holds a bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering and a Master’s in Environmental Engineering from the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro (UFRJ), Brazil. Currently, she is pursuing her Ph.D., focusing on leveraging Digital Twin and Blockchain technologies to drive sustainability in the built environment.
Throughout her academic journey, Karoline served as a Visiting Researcher and Visiting Lecturer at renowned institutions globally. Her international experience includes conducting research at Universitat Rovira i Virgili in Spain and Western Sydney University in Australia, contributing significantly to the field of life cycle assessment of construction materials. Specializing in Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Life Cycle Sustainability Assessment (LCSA) methodologies, Karoline develops innovative solutions, utilizing her comprehensive understanding of these tools to navigate complex projects and implement sustainable practices effectively. Beyond her research achievements, Karoline works as a lecturer at the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro (UFRJ), Brazil, and at the Engineering Institute of Technology (EIT), Australia, where she conducts lectures and tutorials for Higher Education (HE) and Vocational Education and Training (VET) Programs.
Stay in touch
Subscribe to our newsletter for all the latest updates.