This advanced diploma is delivered with a strong practical focus. It covers a variety of skills such as drawing, 2D and 3D CAD design, building materials, roads, steel, concrete, pavement, drainage, soil, water supply and sewerage, and construction sites. Upon completion of this program, you will gain advanced skills and knowledge in civil and structural engineering.
At a glance
- 24 Months
- Advanced Diploma
This program aims to impart the necessary civil and structural engineering skills, and all the theory covered is tied to a practical outcome. Eight threads run through the program to give you maximum, functional coverage in the field of civil and structural engineering. These threads comprise of environmental issues, engineering technologies, drawing, 2D and 3D CAD design, building materials, roads, steel, concrete, pavement, drainage, soil, water supply and sewerage, construction sites, and engineering management.
This practical program avoids too much emphasis on theory. The lecturers presenting this advanced diploma are highly experienced engineers who have worked in the civil and structural engineering industry. The delivery methodology — live and interactive webinars with the use of state-of-the-art technologies such as remote and virtual laboratories and simulation software — ensures you graduate with cutting-edge skills that are valued by employers around the world.
This program is composed of four stages, delivered over 24 months.
- MEM16008A Interact with computing technology
- MEM16006A Organise and communicate information
- MEM30001A Use (CAD) system to produce basic engineering drawings
- MEM30002A Produce basic engineering graphics
- 41972 Use basic construction in engineering
- 41975 Use Basic mathematics in engineering
- 41980 Use physics in engineering
- 41981 Use statics in engineering
- 41978 Use materials in engineering
- MEM22002A Manage self in the engineering environment
- 41968 Produce basic concrete drawings
- 41969 Produce basic steel drawings
- 41976 Use basic soils in engineering
- 41974 Use basic fluids in engineering
- 41983 Use surveying in engineering
- 41982 Use strength of materials in engineering
- 41979 Use mathematics in engineering
- MEM30004A Use (CAD) to create and display 3D models
- MEM22007A Manage environmental effects of engineering activities
- VU21137 Produce advanced engineering drawings for a reinforced concrete structure
- VU21139 Produce advanced engineering drawings for a steel structure
- VU21142 Produce drawings to enable urban road construction
- VU21141 Produce engineering drawings for a rural road
- 41962 Use soils in engineering
- 41987 Use fluids in engineering
- 41960 Use basic structural analysis in engineering
- 41963 Use structural analysis in engineering
- 41984 Use 3D CAD in engineering
- VU21125 Apply construction principles to civil engineering works
- VU21143 Produce engineering drawings for a stormwater reticulation scheme
- VU21133 Produce an engineering design for a sewerage reticulation scheme
- VU21131 Produce an engineering drainage design of pipes and culverts
- VU21134 Produce an engineering design for a reinforced concrete structure
- VU21122 Produce an advanced engineering design for a reinforced concrete structure
- VU21135 Produce an engineering design for a steel structure
- VU21123 Produce an advanced engineering design for a steel structure
In order to maximize the benefit of this course, students choosing to study online should have at least a tertiary qualification in engineering (diploma or degree) and experience in related areas of engineering. Practical work experience in related areas of engineering would also assist with the acquiring of the advanced diploma material. However, without this background, but with some technical knowledge, some counseling, and the necessary pre-course learning materials, it is possible to be brought up to the appropriate level.
English language competency is required.
Please select the country you live in from the drop-down menu to see the current fees in your region.
Learn more about payment methods, including payment terms & conditions and additional non-tuition fees.
This qualification is officially accredited within the Australian Qualifications Framework by the Training Accreditation Council (TAC), and EIT is approved by the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) for delivery by EIT in all Australian states. EIT delivers this program to students worldwide.
Find out more about country-specific accreditation and professional recognition.
- Site Supervisor
- Construction Supervisor
- Civil Project/Design Technician
- Quality Officer
- Project Supervisor
- Drafting Officer
- Survey Technician
- Site Quality Coordinator
- Structural Engineering Drafting Officer
- Construction Manager
- Civil Engineering Design Draftsperson
You are expected to spend approximately 10-15 hours per week learning the program material and completing assessments. This includes attending weekly webinars that run for about 90 minutes to facilitate class discussion and allow you to ask questions. This program is run online on a part-time basis and has been designed to fit around full-time work. It will take 24 months to complete.
We understand that sometimes work commitments and personal circumstances can get in the way of your studies, so if at any point you feel that you are struggling with the pace of the course or finding a particular unit challenging, you are encouraged to contact your designated learning support officer for assistance.
Applications are open for our upcoming intakes. Please ensure your application is submitted at least one week before the start date of the program.
Any student has a right to appeal a decision of the Engineering Institute of Technology (EIT) or any member of the institute’s staff. EIT has a comprehensive Policy on Appeals and Grievances to assist students.
Hear from our students
We are one of the only institutes in the world specializing in engineering.