Scholarly activities are generally defined as those concerned with or relating to formal study or engaging in original research.
Research, in turn, is normally considered as an attempt by careful experimentation, study, observation, analysis and recording to:
- discover new facts, knowledge and information
- develop new interpretations of facts, knowledge or information, or
- discover new means of applying existing knowledge.
As an accredited Higher Education provider, the Engineering Institute of Technology (EIT) is committed to the scholarship of discovery as it contributes to the institution's academic advancement.
EIT focuses on the delivery of programs relevant to today's industry needs. Consequently, we seek that our scholar research:
- includes original research that advances knowledge;
- synthesizes information across topics, disciplines and/or time; and,
- is presented in a format that will allow evaluation by others through public sharing.
Furthermore, EIT's scholar research activities expand to ensure the inclusion of the reality of contemporary life, such as sponsoring technical conferences and events that bring together relevant industry experts and professionals to share their knowledge and industry experience in an effort to advance their particular fields.
EIT Scholar Research Activities
Some recent excamples of EIT's Scholar Research Activities include:
- Kidege, S. O., Maj, S.P. (2017) Industrial Network Security – A Critical Review. Modern Applied Science, Vol 11 (No 6), pp. 24 https://doi.org/10.5539/mas.v11n6p24
- Maj, S. P. (2016) Australian National Training Packages - A Critical Analysis. Modern Applied Science, Vol 10 (No 10), pp 274. http://dx.doi.org/10.5539/mas.v10n10p274
- Maj, S. P. (2017) Australian VET Sector - A Critical Evaluation. Modern Applied Science, Vol 11 (No 1), pp 270. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.5539/mas.v11n1p270
- Maj, S. P. (2017) Improving Teaching and Learning Outcomes – A Novel Cognitive Science Approach. Modern Applied Science, Vol 11 (No 1), pp. 264 http://dx.doi.org/10.5539/mas.v11n1p264
- Maj, S.P. (2017) Improving Project Management Teaching Using Scaffolding Based on Cladistics Parsimony Analysis. Modern Applied Science, Vol 11 (No 5), pp. 42. https://doi.org/10.5539/mas.v11n5p42
- Maj, S.P. (2017) Improving the Teaching of Project Management Software Tools Using Scaffolding Based on Cladistics Parsimony Analysis. Modern Applied Science, Vol 11 (No 5), pp. 73 https://doi.org/10.5539/mas.v11n5p73
- Maj, S.P., Davies, T. (2017) Wastewater Automation – The Development of a Low Cost, Distributed Automation Syste. Modern Applied Science, (2017) Vol 11, No 6, p41.http://ccsenet.org/journal/index.php/mas/article/view/67024
- Maj, S.P., Ohtsuki, K., Akamatsu, T., Mackay, S. (2016) State Model Diagrams for Teaching Networking – a SOLO Based Evaluation. Modern Applied Science, Vol 10 (No 10), pp. 231 doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.5539/mas.v10n10p231
- McIlwain, J., McIIwain, O., Maj, S. P. (2017) Facilitating Network Technology Training in the Australian Vocational Education Sector. Modern Applied Science, Vol 11 (No 1), pp. 242 doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.5539/mas.v11n1p242
- Nuangjamnong, C. Maj, S.P. (2017) Strategic Human Resource Management in International Organizations. Modern Applied Science(2017) Vol 11, No 5. p1 .doi:10.5539/mas.v11n5p1
- Rodprayoon, N. Chompu Nuangjamnon, C., MAJ, S.P., (2017) Distance Learning - A Potential Opportunity for Thailand. Modern Applied Science, (2017) Vol 11, N11. https://doi.org/10.5539/mas.v11n11p20
- Scattini, N. Maj, S.P, (2017) Aquaponic Integration and Automation – A Critical Evaluation. Modern Applied Science, (2017) Vol 11, No 9 https://doi.org/10.5539/mas.v11n9p165 , pp165
- Scattini, N. Maj, S.P, (2017) Aquaponics - A Process Control Approach. Modern Applied Science, (2017) Vol 11, N11. https://doi.org/10.5539/mas.v11n11p43
- Scattini, N. Maj, S.P, (2017) Aquaponics Automation - Design Techniques. Modern Applied Science, (2017) Vol 11, N7.
- Siddhpura, M, Siddhpura, A, Paurobally, R. Chatter stability prediction for a flexible tool-workpiece system in a turning process.The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, (2017) Vol 89, Issue 443, p1-16.