We have all heard of the common engineering jobs such as Electrical Engineer, Civil Engineer, Mechanical Engineer and Software Engineer; let’s take a look at some of the uncommon and perhaps ‘cool’ engineering jobs that actually do exist.
- Chocolate Engineer - No heavy equipment with this job; the task as a Chocolate Engineer would be to design, create and manufacture various chocolate recipes.
- Roller Coaster Engineer – To design, build and repair roller coasters and ensuring all aspects are safe for the visiting thrill seekers.
- Space Suit Engineer – The development of new space suit systems including the communications, avionics, software and power systems for the suits.
- Sports Engineer – To design innovative sporting equipment and apparel that are guaranteed to work.
- Coconut Safety Engineer – preventing personal injury lawsuits by whacking the coconuts from the trees set among the grounds of hotels and resorts.
These are just 5 examples we came across in our search for some of the most uncommon engineering jobs. More examples include: a Privacy Engineer, Preservation Engineer and a White Hat Hacker.