Course duration: 3 months
Start Date: 20 May 2019
Cost: A$100 per student including all course materials, access to the learning platform and support from your instructor.
All proceeds generated from this course will be donated by EIT to the Perth Children’s Hospital Foundation.
In this interactive 3 month LIVE ONLINE course, you will learn how to:
- Effectively program in the widely-used Python open-source language
- Use the NumPy library, the essential package for scientific computing with Python that allows, linear algebra, Fourier transform, sophisticated broadcasting functions, and integration with C/C++ and Fortran code, among other functions
- Make use of the Jupyter Notebooks environment which allows you to perform data cleaning and transformation, numerical simulation, statistical modelling, data visualization, machine learning, and much more
- Use the Pandas module which enables Python to be a powerful and productive data analysis environment with high-level data structures and functions designed to make working with structured or tabular data fast, easy, and expressive
- Create data visualizations with matplotlib, Python’s most popular library for generating plots and other two-dimensional data visualizations
In this 12-week “live online” interactive program you will learn how to use the popular programming language Python from a basic to an intermediate level. No prior knowledge of programming is necessary, although it would prove beneficial. The use of the NumPy library, pandas, matplotlib, and Jupyter Notebooks will be covered to give you a thorough understanding of their applications for data science and engineering purposes.
The instructor will teach you via live and interactive sessions delivered completely online. You will gain access to the recordings to review them as often as you want. There will be weekly exercises to bolster your learning through actual programming application. Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive an Engineering Institute of Technology digital certificate for your professional development records.
Benefits of eLearning to Students
- Cost effective: no travel or accommodation necessary
- Interactive: live, interactive sessions let you communicate with your instructor and fellow students
- Flexible: short interactive sessions over the Internet which you can attend from your home or office. Learn while you earn!
- Practical: perform exercises remotely
- Expert instructors: instructors have extensive industry experience; they are not just 'academics'
- No geographical limits: learn from any location, all you need is an Internet connection
- Constant support: from your instructor for the complete duration of the course
Benefits of eLearning to Employers
- Lower training costs: no travel or accommodation necessary
- Less downtime: short webinars (60-90 minutes) and flexible training methods means less time away from work
- Retain employees: keep staff who may be considering a qualification as full time study
- Increase efficiency: improve your engineering or technical employees’ skills and knowledge
How Does it Work?
EIT eLearning courses involve a combination of live, interactive sessions over the Internet with a professional instructor, set readings, and assignments. The courses include exercises to practice, and provide you with ongoing support.
The upcoming May intake is now full.
You can complete the form below to register your interest for a future intake.