It is time to plan your reward for all the hard work you have put into your studies with the Engineering Institute of Technology!
You spoke and we listened!
Due to popular demand we will have two Graduate Galas in 2018:
- Midrand, South Africa: 18th of October 2018
- Perth, Australia: 23rd of November 2018
We are excited to celebrate our graduates during two very special events in the vibrant locations of Perth (Australia) and Midrand (South Africa). These will be memorable gatherings with the unique opportunity to receive your Diploma and a special token of appreciation directly from the hands of EIT’s Dean of Engineering, Dr Steve Mackay.
You will be able to meet our College Managers, some of our wonderful Learning Support Officers and Lecturers who assisted you in your studies and hear from inspirational speakers. Read more below and do not miss the opportunity to apply for the Graduate of the Year Award.
If you would like to attend an EIT Graduate Gala, please make sure you complete the form available on this webpage indicating your location preference.
Australian Graduate Gala
- Date: Friday 23rd of November 2018
- Time: 6:00pm to 8:30pm. Arrival by 5:30pm for prompt start
- Location: Green Building EIT Campus - 140 Royal Street, East Perth, Western Australia
- Dress code: Cocktail Attire
- Cost: Complimentary for all EIT graduates
- Accommodation: if you require accommodation in Perth you can contact the event coordinator, Carolina Asenjo, to find out about possible discount options for EIT graduates
- Tourism activities: Perth and the whole of Western Australia have plenty to offer visitors and the time of the year will provide fantastic weather to wonder around the many parks, beaches and natural reserves, among other attractions. You can find out more with the Tourism Department of Western Australia, Expedia or Bookme
- Valid Visitor Visa or Passport: You may need a valid visa/passport to allow you to come to Australia for this event. The Australian Department of Immigration and Border Protection has a very detailed website you can visit for more information: https://www.border.gov.au/.
Mr Ron Manners
His long career has taken him to a number of major world events such as the fall of the Berlin Wall, the collapse of communism in Russia and the Hong Kong handover. Mining is in Ron’s blood. He started out as an electrical engineer, training at Kalgoorlie School of Mines, and took over the family business in 1955. The mining industry has seen a number of changes in the past 60 years, such as the introduction of new technologies, and Ron has weathered this with humility, enthusiasm and good humour. As a proponent of the free market model, Ron set up Mannkal Economic Education Foundation, a think-tank that sponsors students and events. Ron is also a book author, including titles such as Poems of Passion, Heroic Misadventures, and Never a Dull Moment.
Mr Cameron Norsworthy
Cam is a coach, entrepreneur, author and speaker. He focuses on integrated coaching techniques that encourage sustainable transformations and rewards and has coached numerous World Champions, executives, entrepreneurs, and high profile military personnel. In 2013, Cameron founded The Flow Centre to align his training and passions and put Flow in the public eye.
Mr Partha Dev
Partha has 30 years of Civil Structural Engineering & Management experience in the oil and gas sector. He has worked on major capital projects involving fixed and floating offshore structures, onshore hydrocarbon, LNG facilities, power, mining and infrastructure assets and is known in the industry for his ground-breaking work in structural reliability assessment. Partha is passionate about mentoring students and professionals. He is also an adept problem solver and received the coveted E. Paul Torrance Australian Coach’s award from the Future Problem Solving Program committee in 2017.
South African Graduate Gala
- Date: Thursday 18th of October 2018
- Time: 11:00am to 1:00pm
- Location: Midrand Conference Centre, Midrand, Johannesburg
- Dress code: Cocktail Attire. Graduation Gowns can be hired. Specific hood colours apply per School.
- Cost: Complimentary for all EIT graduates. Additional guests can attend by paying R345 each
- Accommodation: if you require accommodation in Midrand you can contact the event coordinator to find out about possible discount options for EIT graduates
- Tourism activities: Johannesburg in South Africa is the second largest city in Africa, Joburg, or Jozi as some prefer to call it, offers visitors an experience as unique and diverse as the city itself and the surrounding areas. Browse through the multitude of wonderful attractions and things to do in Gauteng as well as a dazzling array of options for everything from accommodation to car rental, restaurants, shopping and casinos, etc. https://www.gauteng.net/ https://www.joburgtourism.com/tourist-information
- Valid Visitor Visa or Passport: You may need a valid visa/passport to allow you to come South Africa. Please visit the South African Home Affairs Department for more information: https://www.dha.gov.za/
Mr Terry Cousins
Terry has over 30 years of experience in electrical power and distribution systems in various South African industries. He is currently a director of TLC Engineering Solutions who develops instrumentation and measurement systems for industry. He also presents courses on electrical power distribution and power quality. Terry is a Senior Member of the SAIEE, and a Member of the IEEE (USA) and has also served on the South African National Standards committee for power quality instruments (SANS 1816).
Mr Deon Reynders
Deon is an Electronics Engineer with over 40 years postgraduate experience encompassing middle management, engineering consulting, management consulting, hardware and software development, systems engineering, project management, marketing, and industrial relations. Over the past 15 years he has provided consulting and training services to clients in USA, Canada, Ireland, the UK, South Africa, Botswana, Trinidad, Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Malaysia, Myanmar, Saudi Arabia, Oman and Egypt. He is also co-author of several technical books.
Mr Tom Neillings
Tom started his career as an engine fitter in the RAF. After leaving the RAF he worked in oil and gas North Sea projects. During this period he gained valuable experience and knowledge of diesel power generating systems operating in harsh environments. Tom continued his career in South Africa with a short period in Saudi Arabia. Tom's down-to-earth and practical, yet entertaining approach makes him a sought after speaker and instructor. His enthusiastic approach to training coupled with his helpful nature is guaranteed to maximize the learning outcome for his students.
EIT Graduate of the Year Application
The winner will receive:
- A complimentary place on an EIT Professional Certificate of your choice. The course must have enough paying students to go ahead and must be completed by December 31, 2019
- A write-up of your achievement in EIT’s website, social media platforms and eNewsletter which is circulated to over half a million engineering professionals worldwide
- Electronic access to the complete IDC Technologies electronic library of technical manuals for 1 year
- An Acer tablet (or equivalent gift) valued at $250 r.r.p.
- Commendation at the Graduate Gala ceremony
All finalists will also receive a prize for their achievement.
Do not miss this unique opportunity to celebrate your academic achievement, network with key industry contacts, and enjoy a beautiful location
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST FOR THE 2018 EIT GRADUATE GALA