- Course at a Glance
- Code: CSR
- Course Length: 3 Months
- Course Location: Online
EIT is one of the only institutes in the world specializing in engineering.
This professional development course is designed for engineers and technicians who need to understand the theoretical and practical aspects of mechanical sealing.
This comprehensive, interactive course covers the theoretical and practical aspects of mechanical sealing. You will have an opportunity to learn the fundamentals and principles of mechanical seals, followed by the classification, construction, and design of the mechanical seals. You will gain knowledge about how to select seals for a variety of specific and special industrial applications for a variety of equipment and materials based on various standards. You will also learn about environmental considerations as per the API standards. The course will enable you to identify the correct methods for storage, handling, and installation of mechanical seals. The course will also cover a range of seal failures and how to troubleshoot the failed seals as well as how to maximize mechanical seal life.
Robert Snaith HND (Mech. Eng)
With over 30 years of experience in fluid transport systems and associated equipment, Rob has done the hard yards. After graduating he commenced work in fluid system applications engineering. In later years, Rob expanded his focus to the management of the national and international distribution networks of a major international fluid sealing and transport equipment manufacturer.
In the past decade as a private consultant, he has worked extensively in designing and troubleshooting complex fluid transport systems and equipment.
Rob has done many presentations and workshops throughout the world and was placed in the world’s top three in an international, "Train the Trainer" exam during a workshop in Boston, Massachusetts in 1998.
One of his passions and sources of enjoyment is instructing technical courses and he is in constant demand both locally and internationally. No matter whether you have very little knowledge or are a veritable guru; you will be sure to take away valuable information from his courses.
The course is composed of 12 modules, covering topics such as environmental considerations related to seals as per API 610 and 682, design, installation and troubleshooting of seals, and how to maximize mechanical seal life. It will also demonstrate the classification of various seals, including special seal types, considerations related to the materials used in seal construction, and selection, operation and maintenance strategies.
Learning and Teaching
Benefits of online learning to Students
- Cost effective: no travel or accommodation necessary
- Interactive: live, interactive sessions let you communicate with your instructor and fellow students
- Flexible: short interactive sessions over the Internet which you can attend from your home or office. Learn while you earn!
- Practical: perform exercises by remotely accessing our labs and simulation software
- Expert instructors: instructors have extensive industry experience; they are not just 'academics'
- No geographical limits: learn from any location, all you need is an Internet connection
- Constant support: from your instructor(s) and a dedicated Learning Support Officer for the complete duration of the course
- International insight: interact and network with participants from around the globe and gain valuable insight into international practice
Benefits of online learning to Employers
- Lower training costs: no travel or accommodation necessary
- Less downtime: short webinars (60-90 minutes) and flexible training methods means less time away from work
- Retain employees: keep staff who may be considering a qualification as full time study
- Increase efficiency: improve your engineering or technical employees’ skills and knowledge
- International insight: students will have access to internationally based professional instructors and students
How Does it Work?
EIT online learning courses involve a combination of live, interactive sessions over the Internet with a professional instructor, set readings, and assignments. The courses include simulation software and remote laboratory applications to let you put theory to practice, and provide you with constant support from a dedicated Learning Support Officer.
Practical Exercises and Remote Laboratories
As part of the groundbreaking new way of teaching, our online engineering courses use a series of remote laboratories (labs) and simulation software, to facilitate your learning and to test the knowledge you gain during your course. These involve complete working labs set up at various locations of the world into which you will be able to log to and proceed through the various practical sessions.
These will be supplemented by simulation software, running either remotely or on your computer, to ensure you gain the requisite hands-on experience. No one can learn much solely from lectures, the labs and simulation software are designed to increase the absorption of the materials and to give you a practical orientation of the learning experience. All this will give you a solid, practical exposure to the key principles covered and will ensure that you obtain maximum benefit from your course.
To access the detailed program brochure, please complete this form.