- Course at a Glance
National Code - 52857WA
- Schedule Start Date: 7th June 2021
- Code: DPE
- Course Length: 18 Months
- Course Location: Online
Join this interactive, LIVE ONLINE program, for 18 months part-time, to gain:
- Skills in the latest plant engineering technologies
- Guidance from practicing plant engineering experts in the field
- Improved career prospects and income
- Global networking contacts in the industry
- A world-class Advanced Diploma of Plant Engineering
This advanced diploma is delivered with a strong practical focus and gives extensive coverage in the various fields of plant engineering. Subjects covered include plant engineering, instrumentation and control engineering, electrical equipment and technology, environmental engineering, safety management, and professional engineering practice.
Graduates will have the knowledge and skills to contribute to the capacity of the plant engineering, facilities management, and related industries to maintain their competitiveness in a global market place through the application of latest technologies, value-adding to existing products, process and services and the development of new, sustainable and innovative solutions.
The lecturers presenting this advanced diploma are highly experienced engineers from industry who have worked in the plant engineering industry. The delivery methodology — live and interactive webinars with the use of state-of-the-art technologies such as remote and virtual laboratories and simulation software — ensures you graduate with cutting-edge skills that are valued by employers around the world.
Who Should Complete this Program
Anyone who wants to gain a solid knowledge of the key elements of Plant Engineering to improve their work skills and to further their job prospects, including:
- Electrical Engineers and Electricians
- Maintenance Engineers and Supervisors
- Energy Management Consultants
- Automation and Process Engineers
- Design Engineers
- Instrument Fitters and Instrumentation Engineers
- Project Managers
- Consulting Engineers
- Production Managers
- Chemical and Mechanical Engineers
- Instrument and Process Control Technicians
- Applicants must have at least a Cert III trade qualification or equivalent in a related field; AND
- They must have at least 2 years’ work experience in a related field
- At least 4 years’ work experience in a related field - subject to acceptance of an application for Credit to Entry **
- Satisfactory English language proficiency at an English pass level in a Senior Certificate of Education or equivalent; OR
- A specified level of achievement in a recognised English language test such as: IELTS (or equivalent) at a score of at least 5.5 (with no individual band score less than 5.0); or TOEFL equivalent; OR
- Satisfactory completion of another course offered by EIT, or by another tertiary institution, in English.
** Note: Applications are considered on a case-by-case basis; if applicants do not meet the above requirements, applicants are welcome to apply in writing to the Admissions Committee.
Student applications are considered on a case-by-case basis and admitted based on the typical * volume of learning requirements.
The program is composed of 17 modules and two units of competency. These modules cover a range of aspects to provide you with maximum practical coverage in the field of Plant Engineering.
This Engineering Institute of Technology Advanced Diploma is an accelerated, practical, work-oriented program. It is designed for engineers and technicians who have some background in the field. This includes those who have technical or ‘trade’ qualifications who want to move to the next career step, those with substantial relevant work experience who need to formalize and enhance their achievements, and those with higher level qualifications in a related field who wish to develop specialist knowledge. Practical work experience in related areas of engineering would help enormously. It would not be suitable for a student with no relevant work experience. We will review your application and may recommend pre-program studies if required.
Learning and Teaching
Benefits of online learning to Students
- Cost effective: no travel or accommodation necessary
- Interactive: live, interactive sessions let you communicate with your instructor and fellow students
- Flexible: short interactive sessions over the Internet which you can attend from your home or office. Learn while you earn!
- Practical: perform exercises by remotely accessing our labs and simulation software
- Expert instructors: instructors have extensive industry experience; they are not just 'academics'
- No geographical limits: learn from any location, all you need is an Internet connection
- Constant support: from your instructor(s) and a dedicated Learning Support Officer for the complete duration of the course
- International insight: interact and network with participants from around the globe and gain valuable insight into international practice
Benefits of online learning to Employers
- Lower training costs: no travel or accommodation necessary
- Less downtime: short webinars (60-90 minutes) and flexible training methods means less time away from work
- Retain employees: keep staff who may be considering a qualification as full time study
- Increase efficiency: improve your engineering or technical employees’ skills and knowledge
- International insight: students will have access to internationally based professional instructors and students
How Does it Work?
EIT online learning courses involve a combination of live, interactive sessions over the Internet with a professional instructor, set readings, and assignments. The courses include simulation software and remote laboratory applications to let you put theory to practice, and provide you with constant support from a dedicated Learning Support Officer.
Practical Exercises and Remote Laboratories
As part of the groundbreaking new way of teaching, our online engineering courses use a series of remote laboratories (labs) and simulation software, to facilitate your learning and to test the knowledge you gain during your course. These involve complete working labs set up at various locations of the world into which you will be able to log to and proceed through the various practical sessions.
These will be supplemented by simulation software, running either remotely or on your computer, to ensure you gain the requisite hands-on experience. No one can learn much solely from lectures, the labs and simulation software are designed to increase the absorption of the materials and to give you a practical orientation of the learning experience. All this will give you a solid, practical exposure to the key principles covered and will ensure that you obtain maximum benefit from your course.
To access the detailed program brochure, please complete this form.