- Course at a Glance
- Schedule Start Date: 1st February 2021
- Code: UCIA
- Course Length: 6 Months
- Course Location: Online
Due to rapidly evolving technology, industrial processes are becoming increasingly automated. Previously mechanized systems which required human intervention now use computerized control systems for higher accuracy, precision and cost effectiveness. Industrial automation is an expanding stream of engineering with an increasingly profound influence on most industries and enterprises. Upon completion of this undergraduate certificate, you will have fundamental knowledge, skills and understanding of Industrial Automation engineering disciplines. You will be able to apply fundamental physics, chemistry, engineering drawing, demonstrate scientific, mathematical, contextual factors and design practice knowledge - contextualised for industrial engineering applications.
Indicative AQF Equivalence: AQF 6
Course Learning Outcomes
- Upon completion of this undergraduate certificate, graduates will have fundamental knowledge, skills and understanding of Industrial Automation engineering disciplines. They will be able to apply fundamental physics, chemistry, engineering drawing, demonstrate scientific, mathematical, contextual factors and design practice knowledge - contextualised for industrial engineering applications.
- Graduates of this program will be able to analyse simple engineering problems relevant to modern industrial instrumentation and control equipment, individually or in groups, underpinned by critical analysis, self-reflection, research and interpretation of the engineering systems and solutions relevant to the engineering technology domain.
- Graduates will have communication (oral and written) skills to investigate, analyse and transmit technical ideas, information and solutions on industrial automation engineering problems in a professional and organised manner.
Online Delivery and Assessments
EIT uses an innovative, online approach to ensure that you have a supportive, interactive and practical education experience. Our delivery model involves live, interactive online tutorials, remote laboratories, simulation software, and assignments with support from dedicated Learning Support Officers and Academic Staff.
Tutorials are conducted using our own specialized, live, interactive software system. You will receive course materials and assessments through an online Learning Management System which is available 24 hours a day. The course learning outcomes will be assessed with formative and summative assessments. These formal and informal assessment methods include quizzes, invigilated tests, written reports, remote-lab practicals, case studies and invigilated final exams.
Employment Outcomes and Pathways
Students who have a basic undergraduate certificate in industrial automation engineering degree can enhance their ability and knowledge in the industrial automation field, enabling them to gain and hold employment.
Graduates will be able to work in a wide range of manufacturing, industrial and process engineering in junior, technical support or entry level role.Further study pathway with EIT would be the Bachelor of Science (Industrial Automation Engineering) -> Master of Engineering (Industrial Automation)**.
Entry is available to applicants who hold:
1. A Year 12 Australian Senior Certificate of Education (or equivalent for International Students) completed within the past 2 years, with the following level of achievement in Maths:
- WA– WACE scaled score of 50.0 or more.
- ACT– a scaled mark of 125 or more
- NSW – performance Band 2 or above
- QLD – a level of Sound Achievement (S) or above
- SA/NT– a grade of C- or higher or a Subject achievement score of 10 or more
- TAS – an award of Satisfactory Achievement or above
- VIC– a study score of 25 or above
Applicants who have completed Yr 12 (or equivalent for International Students) more than 2 years ago are required to complete an online diagnostic test in Mathematics and score a minimum of 50% for entry; OR
2. An Engineering AQF Diploma (or higher) with successful completion of all Maths units/modules; OR
3. International Baccalaureate (IB) Completion with a minimum score of 24 including English and Maths completion; OR
4. Foundation studies or bridging course completion in an engineering or science field with completion of Mathematics and English. e.g. Engineering enabling course;
5. Satisfactory English language proficiency at an English pass level in an Australian Senior Certificate of Education (or equivalent for International Students); OR
6. A a specified level of achievement in a recognised English language test such as: IELTS at a score of at least 6.0 (with no individual band score less than 5.5); or (or equivalent) as outlined in the EIT Admissions Policy.
Note: All applications will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
All documents submitted as part of your application must be certified. A guide to certifying documents can be accessed here.
How to Apply
Once you have reviewed the entry requirements for this course, you can commence the application process by completing this form. You will then receive an email with detailed course information and access to our application portal.
Please note: All applicants will be required to provide certified/notarized photo ID and certified/notarized qualifications transcripts*
Certified/Notarized ID and Qualification Transcripts
A requirement of studying with EIT is to provide us a certified/notarized copy of a formal identification document which includes your name (this must match the name used in your application) and photograph. An acceptable formal identification document includes either a copy of a current passport, drivers license, ID card or other official license which includes a photograph of yourself. You will also need to provide certified/notarized qualification transcripts. The certified/notarized transcripts must show all programs and an official statement to confirm that all requirements for the qualification have been satisfied. If a transcript is not yet available please attach a certified written record which includes all grades. Certified/notarized copies of relevant documents must be in English. A full list of who is eligible to certify documents is available here. Those certifying documents should write: “This is a true copy of the original document sighted by me”, followed by their signature then printed name, address, contact telephone number, occupation and date.
The Undergraduate Certificate is a new formally recognized qualification that has been added to the Australian Qualifications Framework. It is accredited by the Australian Government Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA) which is an independent statutory authority that regulates and assures Australia’s higher education sector.
The fees for this program cover the weekly tutorials, all course materials, plus ongoing support from our Learning Support Officers and lecturers. We are pleased to inform that EIT is a FEE-HELP provider for this program. You must meet the Australian citizenship and residency requirements to be eligible for FEE-HELP.