- Course at a Glance
National Code - 52705WA
- Code: DBE
- Course Length: 18 Months
Join this interactive, LIVE ONLINE program, for 18 months part-time, to gain:
- Practical guidance from biomedical engineering experts in the field
- 'Hands on' knowledge from the extensive experience of the lecturers, rather than from only the theoretical information gained from books and college reading
- Credibility as a biomedical engineering expert in your firm
- Skills and know-how in the latest technologies in biomedical engineering
- Networking contacts in the industry
- Improved career prospects and income
- A world-class Advanced Diploma of Biomedical Engineering
Biomedical engineering is the synergy of many facets of applied science and engineering. The advanced diploma in biomedical engineering provides the knowledge and skills in electrical, electronic engineering required to service and maintain healthcare equipment. You will develop a wide range of skills that may be applied to develop software, instrumentation, image processing and mathematical models for simulation. Biomedical engineers are employed in hospitals, clinical laboratories, medical equipment manufacturing companies, medical equipment service and maintenance companies, pharmaceutical manufacturing companies, assistive technology and rehabilitation engineering manufacturing companies, research centres. Medical technology industry is one of the fast-growing sectors in engineering field. Join the next generation of biomedical engineers and technicians and embrace a well paid, intensive yet enjoyable career by embarking on this comprehensive and practical program. It provides a solid overview of the current state of biomedical engineering and is presented in a practical and useful manner - all theory covered is tied to a practical outcomes. Leading biomedical/electronic engineers with several years of experience in biomedical engineering present the program over the web using the latest distance learning techniques.
There is a great shortage of biomedical engineers and technicians in every part of the world due to retirement, restructuring and rapid growth in new industries and technologies. Many companies employ electrical, electronic engineers to fill the vacancy and provide on the job training to learn about biomedical engineering. The aim of this 18-month online learning program is to provide you with core biomedical engineering skills to enhance your career prospects and to benefit your company/institution. Often universities and colleges do a brilliant job of teaching the theoretical topics, but fail to actively engage in the 'real world' application of the theory with biomedical engineering. This advanced diploma is presented by lecturers who are highly experienced engineers, having worked in the biomedical engineering industry. When doing any program today, a mix of both extensive experience and teaching prowess is essential. All our lecturers have been carefully selected and are seasoned professionals.
This practical program avoids weighty theory. This is rarely needed in the real world of industry where time is short and immediate results, based on hard-hitting and useful know-how, is a minimum requirement. The topics that will be covered are derived from the acclaimed IDC Technologies' programs attended by over 500,000 engineers and technicians throughout the world during the past 20 years. And, due to the global nature of biomedical engineering today, you will be exposed to international standards.
This program is not intended as a substitute for a 4 or 5 year engineering degree, nor is it aimed at an accomplished and experienced professional biomedical engineer who is working at the leading edge of technology in these varied fields. It is, however, intended to be the distillation of the key skills and know how in practical, state-of-the-art biomedical engineering. It should also be noted that learning is not only about attending programs, but also involves practical hands-on work with your peers, mentors, suppliers and clients.
Join the next generation of electronic engineers and technicians and embrace a well paid, intensive yet enjoyable career by embarking on this comprehensive and practical course. It provides a solid overview of the current state of electronics engineering practice and is presented in a practical and useful manner - all theory covered is tied to a practical outcome. Leading electronics engineers present the course over the web using the latest distance learning techniques.
Who Should Complete this Program
- Electrical and Electronic Engineers
- Electrical and Electronic Technicians
- Biomedical Equipment/Engineering Technician
- Field Technicians
- Healthcare equipment service technicians
- Project Engineers and Managers
- Design Engineers
- Instrumentation Engineers
- Control Engineers
- Maintenance Engineers and Supervisors
- Consulting Engineers
- Production Managers
- Mechanical Engineers
- Medical Sales Engineers
In fact, anyone who wants to gain solid knowledge of the key elements of biomedical engineering in order to improve work skills and to create further job prospects. Even individuals who are working in the healthcare industry may find it useful to attend to gain key, up to date perspectives.
The course is composed 18 modules. These modules cover a range of aspects to provide you with maximum practical coverage in the field of Biomedical Engineering:
This Engineering Institute of Technology Advanced Diploma is an accelerated, practical, work-oriented program. It is designed for engineers and technicians who have some background in the field. This includes those who have technical or ‘trade’ qualifications who want to move to the next career step, those with substantial relevant work experience who need to formalize and enhance their achievements, and those with higher level qualifications in a related field who wish to develop specialist knowledge. Practical work experience in related areas of engineering would help enormously. It would not be suitable for a student with no relevant work experience. We will review your application and may recommend pre-program studies if required.
Learning and Teaching
Benefits of online learning to Students
- Cost effective: no travel or accommodation necessary
- Interactive: live, interactive sessions let you communicate with your instructor and fellow students
- Flexible: short interactive sessions over the Internet which you can attend from your home or office. Learn while you earn!
- Practical: perform exercises by remotely accessing our labs and simulation software
- Expert instructors: instructors have extensive industry experience; they are not just 'academics'
- No geographical limits: learn from any location, all you need is an Internet connection
- Constant support: from your instructor(s) and a dedicated Learning Support Officer for the complete duration of the course
- International insight: interact and network with participants from around the globe and gain valuable insight into international practice
Benefits of online learning to Employers
- Lower training costs: no travel or accommodation necessary
- Less downtime: short webinars (60-90 minutes) and flexible training methods means less time away from work
- Retain employees: keep staff who may be considering a qualification as full time study
- Increase efficiency: improve your engineering or technical employees’ skills and knowledge
- International insight: students will have access to internationally based professional instructors and students
How Does it Work?
EIT online learning courses involve a combination of live, interactive sessions over the Internet with a professional instructor, set readings, and assignments. The courses include simulation software and remote laboratory applications to let you put theory to practice, and provide you with constant support from a dedicated Learning Support Officer.
Practical Exercises and Remote Laboratories
As part of the groundbreaking new way of teaching, our online engineering courses use a series of remote laboratories (labs) and simulation software, to facilitate your learning and to test the knowledge you gain during your course. These involve complete working labs set up at various locations of the world into which you will be able to log to and proceed through the various practical sessions.
These will be supplemented by simulation software, running either remotely or on your computer, to ensure you gain the requisite hands-on experience. No one can learn much solely from lectures, the labs and simulation software are designed to increase the absorption of the materials and to give you a practical orientation of the learning experience. All this will give you a solid, practical exposure to the key principles covered and will ensure that you obtain maximum benefit from your course.
To access the detailed program brochure, please complete this form.