- Course at a Glance
National Code - 52684WA
Applications Closing Soon - Don't miss out on your place! Click here to contact a course advisor.
- Schedule Start Date: 6th August 2018
- Code: DEI
- Course Length: 18 Months
Join this interactive, LIVE ONLINE program, for 18 months part-time, to gain:
- Skills and know-how in the latest technologies in E & I oil and gas engineering
- Tremendous boost to your E & I oil and gas career – no matter whether you are a new graduate or a technician
- Decades of real experience distilled into the course presentations and materials
- Guidance from real E & I oil and gas experts in the field
- Hands-on practical knowledge from the extensive experience of instructors, rather than the theoretical information from books and colleges
- Credibility as the local expert in E & I oil and gas
- Networking contacts in the oil and gas industry
- Improved career prospects and income
- An Advanced Diploma in Electrical & Instrumentation Engineering for Oil and Gas
There is a growing shortage, and hence opportunity, for Electrical and Instrumentation (E & I) technicians, technologists and engineers in the oil and gas industry. This is due to an increasing need for higher technology methods of obtaining and processing oil and gas as it is a finite declining resource. The price of oil is heading upwards steadily, thus making personnel and their associated oil and gas expertise in these industries even more valuable. The technical challenges of extracting oil and gas are becoming ever more demanding, with increasing emphasis on more marginal fields and previously inaccessible zones such as deep oceans, Polar regions, Falkland Islands and Greenland. The aim of this 18-month e-learning program is to provide you with core E & I engineering skills so that these opportunities may be accessed, to enhance your career, and to benefit your firm.
This advanced diploma is presented by lecturers who are highly experienced engineers from industry, having 'worked in the trenches' in the various E & I engineering areas. When doing any course today, a mix of both extensive experience and teaching prowess is essential. All our lecturers have been carefully selected and are seasoned professionals.
This advanced diploma course provides a practical treatment of electrical power systems and instrumentation within the oil, gas, petrochemical and offshore industries. Whilst there is some theory this is used in a practical context giving you the necessary tools to ensure that the Electrical and Instrumentation hardware is delivering the results intended. No matter whether you are a new electrical, instrumentation or control technician/technologist/graduate engineer or indeed, even a practising facilities engineer, you will find this course beneficial in improving your understanding, skills and knowledge of the whole spectrum of activities ranging from basic E & I engineering to advanced practice including hazardous areas, data communications along with a vast array of E & I equipment utilised in an oil and gas environment.
Who Should Complete this Program
This program would be ideal for you if you are seeking to get know-how and expertise in the oil and gas business and are an:
- Instrument and process control technician or technologist
- Instrument fitter
- Chemical or mechanical engineer
- Electrical engineer currently working in a different area to oil and gas
- Experienced electrician
- A recent graduate electrical, instrumentation or mechanical engineer
Even if you are highly experienced you will find this a great way to become familiar with the oil and gas technology as quickly as possible.
The program follows five engineering threads to provide you with maximum practical coverage in this field:
- Electrical engineering
- Instrumentation and Control engineering
- General Oil and Gas engineering
- Subsea Instrumentation and Control
- Floating Production, Storage and Offloading (FPSO) Facilities
The course is composed 23 modules. These modules cover a range of aspects to provide you with maximum practical coverage in the field of Electrical and Instrumentation (E&I) Engineering for Oil and Gas Facilities:
**A note regarding recognition of this course in the Australian education system: EIT’s sister company, IDC Technologies, is the owner of this course, which is officially accredited within the Australian Qualifications Framework by the Training Accreditation Council (WA). An application is to be submitted to the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) for this course to be registered for delivery by the EIT (that is, added to the EIT’s “scope”) in all Australian states. The EIT will deliver this course to students worldwide. On the date when the course information shown here was published the application to ASQA was pending, therefore the course commencement date shown is provisional pending formal registration with ASQA.
Learning and Teaching
Benefits of online learning to Students
- Cost effective: no travel or accommodation necessary
- Interactive: live, interactive sessions let you communicate with your instructor and fellow students
- Flexible: short interactive sessions over the Internet which you can attend from your home or office. Learn while you earn!
- Practical: perform exercises by remotely accessing our labs and simulation software
- Expert instructors: instructors have extensive industry experience; they are not just 'academics'
- No geographical limits: learn from any location, all you need is an Internet connection
- Constant support: from your instructor(s) and a dedicated Learning Support Officer for the complete duration of the course
- International insight: interact and network with participants from around the globe and gain valuable insight into international practice
Benefits of online learning to Employers
- Lower training costs: no travel or accommodation necessary
- Less downtime: short webinars (60-90 minutes) and flexible training methods means less time away from work
- Retain employees: keep staff who may be considering a qualification as full time study
- Increase efficiency: improve your engineering or technical employees’ skills and knowledge
- International insight: students will have access to internationally based professional instructors and students
How Does it Work?
EIT online learning courses involve a combination of live, interactive sessions over the Internet with a professional instructor, set readings, and assignments. The courses include simulation software and remote laboratory applications to let you put theory to practice, and provide you with constant support from a dedicated Learning Support Officer.
Practical Exercises and Remote Laboratories
As part of the groundbreaking new way of teaching, our online engineering courses use a series of remote laboratories (labs) and simulation software, to facilitate your learning and to test the knowledge you gain during your course. These involve complete working labs set up at various locations of the world into which you will be able to log to and proceed through the various practical sessions.
These will be supplemented by simulation software, running either remotely or on your computer, to ensure you gain the requisite hands-on experience. No one can learn much solely from lectures, the labs and simulation software are designed to increase the absorption of the materials and to give you a practical orientation of the learning experience. All this will give you a solid, practical exposure to the key principles covered and will ensure that you obtain maximum benefit from your course.
To access the detailed program brochure, please complete this form.