- Course at a Glance
National Code - 52782WA
- Schedule Start Date: 5th February 2018
- Code: DIT
- Course Length: 18 Months
Join this interactive, LIVE ONLINE program, for 18 months part-time, to gain:
- Skills and know-how in the latest industrial data communications, networking and IT including Ethernet, field buses, fiber optics, DNP3, TCP/IP, VoIP, PLCs, SCADA and much more
- Practical guidance from experts in the field of data communications and networking
- 'Hands on' knowledge from the extensive experience of the instructors, rather than from only the theoretical information gained from books and college reading
- Credibility as a data communications expert in your firm
- Networking contacts in the industry
- Improved career prospects and income
- An accredited Advanced Diploma of Industrial Data Communications, Networking and IT
Applications closing January 29, 2018.
Gain indepth skills and knowledge by undertaking this Advanced Diploma in Industrial Data Communications, Networking and IT over 18 months (intensive, part-time). Delivered by live distance learning and presented by some of the leading industrial data communications and IT instructors in the world today. There is a serious shortage of industrial data communications and industrial IT engineers, technologists and technicians in the world due to these new technologies only recently becoming a key component of modern plants, factories and offices. This critical shortage of experts in the area has been accentuated by retirement, restructuring and rapid growth in new industries and technologies.
Who should complete this program
Anyone who wants to gain solid knowledge of the key elements of industrial data communications to improve their work skills and to further their job prospects, such as:
- Electrical Engineers and Electricians
- Maintenance Engineers and Supervisors
- Energy Management Consultants
- Automation and Process Engineers
- Design Engineers
- Project Managers
- Instrument Fitters and Instrumentation Engineers
- Consulting Engineers
- Production Managers
- Chemical and Mechanical Engineers
- Instrument and Process Control Technicians
The course is composed of 21 modules, which cover four main engineering threads to provide you with maximum practical coverage in the field of industrial data communications. It is deliverd over 18 continuous months (intensive, part-time). The engineering streams are:
- Data Communications, Networking and Protocols
- SCADA, PLCs and Data Acquisition
- Industrial IT and Programming
- Project Management for Industrial Data Communications and IT
The modules are completed in the following order:
- Module 1: Physical Media
- Module 2: Industrial Data Communications
- Module 3: Ethernet
- Module 4: Wireless Communication Systems
- Module 5: TCP/IP and VoIP
- Module 6: Routers and Switches
- Module 7: Field Buses
- Module 8: MODBUS
- Module 9: DNP3 and IEC 60870-5 for SCADA
- Module 10: Fundamentals of OPC
- Module 11: PLCs and IEC 61131-3
- Module 12: SCADA and Data Acquisition
- Module 13: E-Manufacturing, MES and Supply Chain Management
- Module 14: Fundamentals of Professional Engineering
- Module 15: Industrial Network Security
- Module 16: HTML/Web Design
- Module 17: Algorithm Design
- Module 18: C++ Programming
- Module 19: SQL: Databases
- Module 20: Microsoft Windows Administration
- Module 21: PC Hardware and Troubleshooting
This Engineering Institute of Technology Advanced Diploma is an accelerated, practical, work-oriented program. It is designed for engineers and technicians who have some background in the field. This includes those who have technical or ‘trade’ qualifications who want to move to the next career step, those with substantial relevant work experience who need to formalize and enhance their achievements, and those with higher level qualifications in a related field who wish to develop specialist knowledge. Practical work experience in related areas of engineering would help enormously. It would not be suitable for a student with no relevant work experience. We will review your application and may recommend pre-program studies if required.
Learning and Teaching
Benefits of online learning to Students
- Cost effective: no travel or accommodation necessary
- Interactive: live, interactive sessions let you communicate with your instructor and fellow students
- Flexible: short interactive sessions over the Internet which you can attend from your home or office. Learn while you earn!
- Practical: perform exercises by remotely accessing our labs and simulation software
- Expert instructors: instructors have extensive industry experience; they are not just 'academics'
- No geographical limits: learn from any location, all you need is an Internet connection
- Constant support: from your instructor(s) and a dedicated Learning Support Officer for the complete duration of the course
- International insight: interact and network with participants from around the globe and gain valuable insight into international practice
Benefits of online learning to Employers
- Lower training costs: no travel or accommodation necessary
- Less downtime: short webinars (60-90 minutes) and flexible training methods means less time away from work
- Retain employees: keep staff who may be considering a qualification as full time study
- Increase efficiency: improve your engineering or technical employees’ skills and knowledge
- International insight: students will have access to internationally based professional instructors and students
How Does it Work?
EIT online learning courses involve a combination of live, interactive sessions over the Internet with a professional instructor, set readings, and assignments. The courses include simulation software and remote laboratory applications to let you put theory to practice, and provide you with constant support from a dedicated Learning Support Officer.
Practical Exercises and Remote Laboratories
As part of the groundbreaking new way of teaching, our online engineering courses use a series of remote laboratories (labs) and simulation software, to facilitate your learning and to test the knowledge you gain during your course. These involve complete working labs set up at various locations of the world into which you will be able to log to and proceed through the various practical sessions.
These will be supplemented by simulation software, running either remotely or on your computer, to ensure you gain the requisite hands-on experience. No one can learn much solely from lectures, the labs and simulation software are designed to increase the absorption of the materials and to give you a practical orientation of the learning experience. All this will give you a solid, practical exposure to the key principles covered and will ensure that you obtain maximum benefit from your course.
To access the detailed program brochure, please complete this form.