Professional Certificate of Competency in Wonderware InTouch HMI
BY THE END OF THIS 3-MONTH INTERACTIVE LIVE ONLINE COURSE YOU WILL LEARN:
- Understand the development environment and be able to develop a full HMI application from scratch
- Understand tag structures using best practice
- Design graphics and animation using the latest Situational Awareness concepts
- Understand the basics of scripting languages; built-in functions and know how to use them
- Configure and use the alarm system. Apply different tools and options
- Understand and apply security
- Understand the basic PLC communication protocols and steps to communicate to a PLC
- Explain disaster recovery, backup and restore procedures
The next intake starts on the week of June 6, 2017.
This SCADA/HMI course will provide you with theory on all aspects of SCADA, communication, added technology and one of the most widely used HMIs in the world. Wonderware InTouch controls over 100,000 plants and factories globally. The course will cover the basics and best practices in the latest HMI technology followed by practical examples using Wonderware InTouch. At the end of this course you will have the ability to maintain and develop a SCADA/HMI system and understand best-fit architecture. You will be guided through setup, layout, best practice concepts, features and functions of a SCADA, using InTouch. Hands-on practical exercises reinforce concepts and features. This course is ideally suited to electrical and instrumentation maintenance personnel, design engineers and system integrators.
MODULE 1: Introduction
Investigation in system requirements and licensing
MODULE 2: Basic Layout and Tag Structures
Create different window types
Create and understand general tag structures
Import and export tag structures
MODULE 3: Graphics
Basic graphics design
Theory of Situational Awareness
Create styles and standards using situational awareness
Create advance template graphics
MODULE 4: Animations
Animation and format types
MODULE 5: Basic Scripting
Basics of scripting
Create basic scripts using QuickScripts
Use built-in functions
Create custom functions
MODULE 6: Functions
Use built-in functions
Create custom functions
MODULE 7: Advance Type Tags
Optimize graphics with indirect tags
MODULE 8: Alarming and Events
Basic alarm standards
Configure and manage alarming displays
MODULE 9: Security
System vs application security
MODULE 10: Trends
Enterprize historian architectures
MODULE 11: Communication
Best practice architectures
Connecting to a PLC
MODULE 12: Application Management
Backup and restore
NAD – Network Application Development
NB: The course description of all EIT "Certificate" courses has been changed to "Professional Certificate of Competency". Some course brochures are not yet updated. The actual certificate received by successful students will include the new title.
Contact Our Course Advisors
Click here to contact us to receive assistance from our Course Advisors.
In Company Online Training Solutions
Special class groups can be arranged on request to match your own schedule. If you have a large number of staff who should complete any of our programs, read more about EIT's In Company Online Training HERE and contact us to assist you further.
To access the detailed program brochure, please complete this form.
What are the fees for my country?
The Engineering Institute of Technology (EIT) provides distance education to students located all around the world – it is one of the very few truly global training institutes. Course fees are paid in a currency that is determined by the student’s location. We aim to give you a rapid response regarding course fees that are relevant to your individual circumstances.
We understand that cost is a major consideration before a student begins to study. For a rapid reply to your query regarding courses fees and payment options, please contact a Course Advisor in your region via the below button and we will respond within two (2) business days.
EIT Certificate Course Payment Information
Please contact us with your location for certificate fees in the relevant currency. Full payment is required between two (2) and four (4) weeks before the course starts.
Certificate fees include:
- All live webinars with a professional instructor
- Four (4) technical manuals (as searchable eBooks)
- Course materials
- Assignments, and
- Ongoing support from a dedicated Course Coordinator
All you need to participate is an Internet connection, a computer, speakers and, if possible, a microphone.
Fee concessions may apply for multiple bookings on our certificate courses.
For a rapid reply to your query regarding courses fees and payment options, please contact us and we will respond within two (2) business days.
More courses available from EIT's School of Industrial Automation
Accredited Postgraduate Programs
Accredited Diploma and Advanced Diploma Programs
- Advanced Diploma of Electrical and Instrumentation (E & I) Engineering in MiningI
- Advanced Diploma of Electrical and Instrumentation (E & I) Engineering for Oil and Gas FacilitiesI
- Advanced Diploma of Industrial AutomationI
- Advanced Diploma of Remote Engineering, Mechatronics and RoboticsI
Professional Development Series
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Allen Bradley Controllogix/Logix5000 PLC Platforms
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Best Practice in Process, Electrical & Instrumentation Drawings and Documentation
- Professional Certificate of Competency in CitectSCADA/VIJEO
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Control Valve Sizing, Selection and Maintenance
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Hazardous Areas and Intrinsic Safety for Engineers and Technicians
- Professional Certificate of Competency in IEC 61850 based Substation Automation
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Instrumentation, Automation and Process Control
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Machine Vision Applications in Industry
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Practical Boiler Control and Instrumentation for Engineers and Technicians
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Process Control Incorporating Loop Tuning and Advanced Control Strategies
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) and SCADA System
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Safety Instrumentation Systems for Process Industries
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Siemens S7 1200/TIA Portal
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Subsea Oil and Gas Technology
- Professional Certificate of Competency in the Selection, Commissioning and Maintenance of Shutdown, Blowdown, Severe Service and Choke Valves
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Wonderware InTouch HMI
In order to meet the exacting demands of the oil and gas, mining, manufacturing and downstream processing industries, modern plants are equipped with systems and devices which are needed to measure and regulate variables such as temperature, pressure, flow, humidity, liquid level, velocity and density. Industrial Automation provides the technology to control and monitor a process plant using such concepts as feedback, cascade, feedforward and advanced process control. Here at the Engineering Institute of Technology (EIT), we have developed industry-focused programs in the form of vocational diplomas, advanced diplomas and graduate certificates, all the way up to Masters level in the higher education sector.
There is a critical shortage of automation, instrumentation and control engineers, technicians and technologists around the world now due to the retirement, restructuring and rapid growth in new technologies and industries. The respected International Society of Automation (ISA) organization estimated that at least 15,000 new automation engineers are needed annually in the USA alone.
In keeping with the philosophy of EIT, students in this school are exposed to the practical, up-to-the-minute knowledge and skills demanded by leading industries worldwide, with online instrumentation courses. EIT does not just cater to a generic student body, instead all of our online instrumentation courses are specific to industry. The programs cover a large range of topics and are suited to anyone needing an intensive and practical look at all facets of industrial automation, instrumentation and process control.
The short courses that form part of EIT's professional development series are designed to provide students with critical knowledge and practical tools that can be immediately applied to the workplace. They are ideal to up-skill and/or cross-skill in a particular area or technology and are not accredited programs.
Students in EIT's School of Industrial Automation, Instrumentation and Process Control study subjects which include: process control, instrumentation, control valves, process plant layout and piping design, tuning of process loops, SCADA, PLCs, advanced process control (APC), boiler control, hazardous areas, safety instrumentation (IEC 61511 and IEC 61508), HAZOPs, industrial data communications, networking, deviceNet and Fieldbus, industrial wireless, radio telemetry systems, shielding/EMC/EMI, and noise reduction.
I: Vocational Education & Training (VET) program
II: Higher Education program
Frequently Asked Questions