Professional Certificate of Competency in Subsea Oil and Gas Technology
IN THIS 3-MONTH INTERACTIVE LIVE ONLINE COURSE YOU WILL:
- Gain a thorough understanding of the subsea oil and gas industry
- Learn about the construction process and techniques pertinent to subsea engineering
- Review subsea engineering design and installation projects
- Learn about new technologies in subsea engineering
- Comprehend the main concepts on offshore oil and gas process and production facilities
- Learn about the types of offshore facilities
- Identify appropriate station keeping strategies
- Learn relevant asset integrity strategies
- Discuss the types of equipment required for successful subsea oil and gas operations
- Learn about the difficulties of working in a subsea environment, including blowout prevention and subsea control systems
The next intake starts on the week of July 03, 2017.
There are excellent opportunities for employment in the oil and gas industry due to an ongoing shortage of technicians and technologists. Whilst there has been a downturn since 2014 in the oil and gas industry, owing to a dropping oil price, it is still very active worldwide. There is growth in these industries with a focus on natural gas and commercially viable oil fields. The technical challenges of extracting oil and gas are becoming ever more demanding, with increasing emphasis on marginal fields and previously inaccessible zones. The increasing need for higher technology methods of obtaining and processing oil and gas along with the retirement of the current baby boomer generation of technologists and technicians means that the demand for personnel is vibrant. Being a finite resource, ultimately the price of oil will steadily increase over time with personnel and their expertise becoming ever more valuable.
Subsea operators, technicians and technologists can look forward to an exciting future as the technology is advancing rapidly with subsea processing now becoming a reality. Subsea engineering is a highly complex engineering challenge and is technically very demanding. This program reflects this and requires students to be focused and prepared to achieve the necessary level of knowledge, skills and competency. Module one gives an introduction to the main concepts of offshore oil and gas process and production facilities. This includes types of offshore facilities, station-keeping methods and asset integrity strategies.
Module two discusses a number of types of equipment that are fundamental to successful subsea oil and gas operations. An introduction to the difficulties of working in a subsea environment, blowout prevention equipment and subsea control systems will all be covered. Module three aims to show how subsea projects are completed in industry. Construction, installation and maintenance will all be covered. Module four provides information about technological advancements in subsea engineering and the new strategies that are becoming more common within the industry.
MODULE 1: INTRODUCTION TO OFFSHORE OIL AND GAS FACILITIES
- Types of facilities and their uses
- Anchoring, mooring and dynamic positions systems
- Asset integrity
MODULE 2: SUBSEA OIL AND GAS EQUIPMENT
- Subsea trees and manifolds
- Subsea risers, flow lines and pipelines
- Subsurface/down hole safety equipment
- Connection systems and control data interfaces
MODULE 3: SUBSEAS CONSTRUCTION, INSTALLATION AND MAINTENANCE
- Fundamentals of subsea construction and installation
- The ocean environment
- Remotely operated vehicles and saturation diving
MODULE 4: NEW TECHNOLOGIES in SUBSEA ENGINEERING
- Subsea processing and RLWI
- FLNG and flow assurance
Contact Our Course Advisors
Click here to contact us to receive assistance from our Course Advisors.
In Company Online Training Solutions
Special class groups can be arranged on request to match your own schedule. If you have a large number of staff who should complete any of our programs, read more about EIT's In Company Online Training HERE and contact us to assist you further.
To access the detailed program brochure, please complete this form.
What are the fees for my country?
The Engineering Institute of Technology (EIT) provides distance education to students located all around the world – it is one of the very few truly global training institutes. Course fees are paid in a currency that is determined by the student’s location. We aim to give you a rapid response regarding course fees that are relevant to your individual circumstances.
We understand that cost is a major consideration before a student begins to study. For a rapid reply to your query regarding courses fees and payment options, please contact a Course Advisor in your region via the below button and we will respond within two (2) business days.
EIT Certificate Course Payment Information
Please contact us with your location for certificate fees in the relevant currency. Full payment is required between two (2) and four (4) weeks before the course starts.
Certificate fees include:
- All live webinars with a professional instructor
- Four (4) technical manuals (as searchable eBooks)
- Course materials
- Assignments, and
- Ongoing support from a dedicated Course Coordinator
All you need to participate is an Internet connection, a computer, speakers and, if possible, a microphone.
Fee concessions may apply for multiple bookings on our certificate courses.
For a rapid reply to your query regarding courses fees and payment options, please contact us and we will respond within two (2) business days.
More courses available from EIT's School of Industrial Automation
Accredited Postgraduate Programs
Accredited Diploma and Advanced Diploma Programs
- Advanced Diploma of Electrical and Instrumentation (E & I) Engineering in MiningI
- Advanced Diploma of Electrical and Instrumentation (E & I) Engineering for Oil and Gas FacilitiesI
- Advanced Diploma of Industrial AutomationI
- Advanced Diploma of Remote Engineering, Mechatronics and RoboticsI
Professional Development Series
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Allen Bradley Controllogix/Logix5000 PLC Platforms
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Best Practice in Process, Electrical & Instrumentation Drawings and Documentation
- Professional Certificate of Competency in CitectSCADA/VIJEO
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Control Valve Sizing, Selection and Maintenance
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Hazardous Areas and Intrinsic Safety for Engineers and Technicians
- Professional Certificate of Competency in IEC 61850 based Substation Automation
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Instrumentation, Automation and Process Control
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Machine Vision Applications in Industry
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Practical Boiler Control and Instrumentation for Engineers and Technicians
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Process Control Incorporating Loop Tuning and Advanced Control Strategies
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) and SCADA System
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Safety Instrumentation Systems for Process Industries
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Siemens S7 1200/TIA Portal
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Subsea Oil and Gas Technology
- Professional Certificate of Competency in the Selection, Commissioning and Maintenance of Shutdown, Blowdown, Severe Service and Choke Valves
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Wonderware InTouch HMI
In order to meet the exacting demands of the oil and gas, mining, manufacturing and downstream processing industries, modern plants are equipped with systems and devices which are needed to measure and regulate variables such as temperature, pressure, flow, humidity, liquid level, velocity and density. Industrial Automation provides the technology to control and monitor a process plant using such concepts as feedback, cascade, feedforward and advanced process control. Here at the Engineering Institute of Technology (EIT), we have developed industry-focused programs in the form of vocational diplomas, advanced diplomas and graduate certificates, all the way up to Masters level in the higher education sector.
There is a critical shortage of automation, instrumentation and control engineers, technicians and technologists around the world now due to the retirement, restructuring and rapid growth in new technologies and industries. The respected International Society of Automation (ISA) organization estimated that at least 15,000 new automation engineers are needed annually in the USA alone.
In keeping with the philosophy of EIT, students in this school are exposed to the practical, up-to-the-minute knowledge and skills demanded by leading industries worldwide, with online instrumentation courses. EIT does not just cater to a generic student body, instead all of our online instrumentation courses are specific to industry. The programs cover a large range of topics and are suited to anyone needing an intensive and practical look at all facets of industrial automation, instrumentation and process control.
The short courses that form part of EIT's professional development series are designed to provide students with critical knowledge and practical tools that can be immediately applied to the workplace. They are ideal to up-skill and/or cross-skill in a particular area or technology and are not accredited programs.
Students in EIT's School of Industrial Automation, Instrumentation and Process Control study subjects which include: process control, instrumentation, control valves, process plant layout and piping design, tuning of process loops, SCADA, PLCs, advanced process control (APC), boiler control, hazardous areas, safety instrumentation (IEC 61511 and IEC 61508), HAZOPs, industrial data communications, networking, deviceNet and Fieldbus, industrial wireless, radio telemetry systems, shielding/EMC/EMI, and noise reduction.
I: Vocational Education & Training (VET) program
II: Higher Education program
Frequently Asked Questions