Professional Certificate of Competency in Siemens S7 1200/TIA Portal
IN THIS 3-MONTH INTERACTIVE LIVE ONLINE COURSE YOU WILL:
- Understand the basics of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs)
- Operate and navigate TIA Portal software and components
- Create, modify and migrate a project
- Develop ladder logic programming
- Configure PLC hardware such as CPU, I/O and communication modules
- Communicate across networks
- Gain knowledge on control loops using PID block
- Make maintenance and troubleshooting considerations
- Gain knowledge on open user communication instructions
- Understand fault finding techniques
The next intake starts on the week of September 04, 2017.
This course concentrates on Siemens S7 1200 PLC and TIA Portal, which is key software for configuring and developing the programming for S7 1200 PLC. It is precisely focused on Siemens S7 1200 programming and related platforms with fully practical designed. Students can be attentive on its course with design, implementation and maintenance. It embarks with detailed basic clarifications of control systems and various aspects of Siemens PLC.
Copious programming techniques and troubleshooting are also covered. Various fault finding and correcting faults are explained in detail.
The course is presented via live, interactive eLearning webinars. There are set assignments throughout focusing on the practical aspects of PLCs which are necessary for true design, configuration, implementation and maintenance to take place.
MODULE 1: Understanding the concept of PLC and Introduction on TIA Portal
- Introduction of PLC and its types
- Architecture of PLC
- Explanation on digital and analog signals
- Exploring TIA Portal Software components
MODULE 2: Getting Started with Project – Creation, Modification and Migration
- Creating a new project on TIA Portal
- Configure a device
- Modification of existing project
- Project migration
MODULE 3: Hardware Configuration
- Device overview
- IO module configuration
- Communication module configuration
- Signal board and communication board configuration
- Hardware catalog
MODULE 4: Basic Ladder Programming using TIA Portal
- Blocks – Organization Block, Functional Block, Function and Data Block
- Tag creation
- Programming symbols – N/O, N/C and COIL
- PLC addressing Input, Output and memory
- Drafting basic ladder logic in OB
- Download the logic into PLC
- Monitoring I/O state
MODULE 5: Ladder Programming using IEC timers and counters
- Create data blocks and data types for programming
- Timer programming – On-Delay, OFF-Delay, Pulse and Retentive On-Delay timer
- Counter Programming- Up-Counter, Down-Counter and Up Down Counter
- Difference between block type instruction and coil type instructions
- Programming using reset and load time duration instructions
MODULE 6: Ladder Programming using Comparator, Math and Conversion Operations
- Create ladder logic using comparator instructions – Equal, Not Equal, LE, GE, and more
- Programming math instructions – Add, Sub, Mul and Div, and more
- Programming conversion instructions – Convert, Trunc, ScaleX and NormX, and more
MODULE 7: Programming using Move, Program Control, Word Logic, Shift and Rotate Operations
- Create ladder logic using move instructions
- Control the program execution flow using program control instructions
- Programming gates logics
- Bit shift and rotate operations
MODULE 8: Using Extended Instructions
- Programming using date and time of day Instructions
- String and character control
- Diagnostics instructions
- Data logging
MODULE 9: Technology Instructions
- Introduction about PID
- PID configuration
- PID compact instruction
- PID 3Step instruction
- PID parameters monitoring
MODULE 10: Communication Instructions
- Programming open user communication instructions
- Modbus configuration
- Modbus TCP configuration
MODULE 11: Fault Finding Techniques
- Forcing I/O tags and toggling bits
- Analyzing and troubleshooting a system using a ‘Online & Diagnostic’
- Analyzing and correcting controller faults
- Analyzing and correcting I/O faults
- Chassis and power supply problems
MODULE 12: Creating Add-On Functions and Managing Devices and Network
- Developing an add-on functions in a ladder diagram
- Configuring network topologies
- Managing device communication using network view and device view
- Creating project documentation
Note: Course content is subject to change. Due to rapidly changing technology and based on feedback from students and instructors, EIT courses are continuously being updated and improved.
Contact Our Course Advisors
FIND OUT MORE
Click here to contact us to receive assistance from our Course Advisors.
In Company Online Training Solutions
Special class groups can be arranged on request to match your own schedule.
If you have a large number of staff who should complete any of our programs, read more about EIT's In Company Online Training HERE and contact us to assist you further.
To access the detailed program brochure, please complete this form.
What are the fees for my country?
The Engineering Institute of Technology (EIT) provides distance education to students located all around the world – it is one of the very few truly global training institutes. Course fees are paid in a currency that is determined by the student’s location. We aim to give you a rapid response regarding course fees that are relevant to your individual circumstances.
We understand that cost is a major consideration before a student begins to study. For a rapid reply to your query regarding courses fees and payment options, please contact a Course Advisor in your region via the below button and we will respond within two (2) business days.
EIT Certificate Course Payment Information
Please contact us with your location for certificate fees in the relevant currency. Full payment is required between two (2) and four (4) weeks before the course starts.
Certificate fees include:
- All live webinars with a professional instructor
- Four (4) technical manuals (as searchable eBooks)
- Course materials
- Assignments, and
- Ongoing support from a dedicated Course Coordinator
All you need to participate is an Internet connection, a computer, speakers and, if possible, a microphone.
Fee concessions may apply for multiple bookings on our certificate courses.
For a rapid reply to your query regarding courses fees and payment options, please contact us and we will respond within two (2) business days.
More courses available from EIT's School of Industrial Automation
Accredited Postgraduate Programs
Accredited Diploma and Advanced Diploma Programs
- Advanced Diploma of Electrical and Instrumentation (E & I) Engineering in MiningI
- Advanced Diploma of Electrical and Instrumentation (E & I) Engineering for Oil and Gas FacilitiesI
- Advanced Diploma of Industrial AutomationI
- Advanced Diploma of Remote Engineering, Mechatronics and RoboticsI
Professional Development Series
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Allen Bradley Controllogix/Logix5000 PLC Platforms
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Best Practice in Process, Electrical & Instrumentation Drawings and Documentation
- Professional Certificate of Competency in CitectSCADA/VIJEO
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Control Valve Sizing, Selection and Maintenance
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Hazardous Areas and Intrinsic Safety for Engineers and Technicians
- Professional Certificate of Competency in IEC 61850 based Substation Automation
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Instrumentation, Automation and Process Control
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Machine Vision Applications in Industry
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Practical Boiler Control and Instrumentation for Engineers and Technicians
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Process Control Incorporating Loop Tuning and Advanced Control Strategies
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) and SCADA System
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Safety Instrumentation Systems for Process Industries
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Siemens S7 1200/TIA Portal
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Subsea Oil and Gas Technology
- Professional Certificate of Competency in the Selection, Commissioning and Maintenance of Shutdown, Blowdown, Severe Service and Choke Valves
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Wonderware InTouch HMI
In order to meet the exacting demands of the oil and gas, mining, manufacturing and downstream processing industries, modern plants are equipped with systems and devices which are needed to measure and regulate variables such as temperature, pressure, flow, humidity, liquid level, velocity and density. Industrial Automation provides the technology to control and monitor a process plant using such concepts as feedback, cascade, feedforward and advanced process control. Here at the Engineering Institute of Technology (EIT), we have developed industry-focused programs in the form of vocational diplomas, advanced diplomas and graduate certificates, all the way up to Masters level in the higher education sector.
There is a critical shortage of automation, instrumentation and control engineers, technicians and technologists around the world now due to the retirement, restructuring and rapid growth in new technologies and industries. The respected International Society of Automation (ISA) organization estimated that at least 15,000 new automation engineers are needed annually in the USA alone.
In keeping with the philosophy of EIT, students in this school are exposed to the practical, up-to-the-minute knowledge and skills demanded by leading industries worldwide, with online instrumentation courses. EIT does not just cater to a generic student body, instead all of our online instrumentation courses are specific to industry. The programs cover a large range of topics and are suited to anyone needing an intensive and practical look at all facets of industrial automation, instrumentation and process control.
The short courses that form part of EIT's professional development series are designed to provide students with critical knowledge and practical tools that can be immediately applied to the workplace. They are ideal to up-skill and/or cross-skill in a particular area or technology and are not accredited programs.
Students in EIT's School of Industrial Automation, Instrumentation and Process Control study subjects which include: process control, instrumentation, control valves, process plant layout and piping design, tuning of process loops, SCADA, PLCs, advanced process control (APC), boiler control, hazardous areas, safety instrumentation (IEC 61511 and IEC 61508), HAZOPs, industrial data communications, networking, deviceNet and Fieldbus, industrial wireless, radio telemetry systems, shielding/EMC/EMI, and noise reduction.
I: Vocational Education & Training (VET) program
II: Higher Education program
Frequently Asked Questions