Professional Certificate of Competency in CitectSCADA/VIJEO
IN THIS 3-MONTH INTERACTIVE LIVE ONLINE COURSE YOU WILL LEARN:
- Basics of SCADA and CitectSCADA/Vijeo
- System design considerations
- Project creation
- How to use Web Client
- How to use Process Analysis
- How to use the Scheduler
- Programming in Cicode and Citect VBA
- Database management
- Runtime management
The next intake starts on the week of April 24, 2017.
This course covers the configuration of CitectSCADA/Vijeo systems in depth. Students are first introduced to the fundamentals of SCADA systems before focussing specifically on Schneider Electric’s SCADA Expert Vijeo Citect platform.
Topics are logically ordered to build confidence, covering different aspects of CitectSCADA/Vijeo system configuration before leading up to a fully-fledged real-life CitectSCADA/Vijeo project.
MODULE 1: BASIC UNDERSTANDING OF CITECTSCADA/VIJEO SYSTEMS
- SCADA basics
- CitectSCADA/Vijeo basics (configuration, runtime and drivers)
- Configuration overview: Citect explorer, project editor and graphics builder
- Runtime overview: Vijeo Citect web client, internet display client, process analyst and Vijeo Citect runtime manager
- Driver overview
MODULE 2: VIJEO CITECT SYSTEM DESIGN CONSIDERATIONS
- System possibilities overview
- Plant layout
- Operational requirements
- Project design
MODULE 3: CREATING A PROJECT – BASIC CONFIGURATION
- Defining and configuring equipment
- Creating a graphics page and drawing objects
- Configuring alarms and trends
- Configuring security and backup
MODULE 4: CREATING A PROJECT – MORE ADVANCED CONCEPTS
- Configuring the network environment
- Creating genies and super genies
- Using genies on graphics
- Configuring tags
MODULE 5: USING THE WEB CLIENT
- System architecture
- Preparing for a web deployment
- Configuring a web deployment
MODULE 6: USING THE PROCESS ANALYST
- Developers versus Operators
- Developers: Vijeo Citect integration, design time and the automation model
- Operators: Pens, object view, printing/exporting and configuration
MODULE 7: USING THE SCHEDULER
- Developers versus Operators
- Developers: Backing up, security, redundancy and log messages
- Operators: The Scheduler interface, views, working with schedule entries, Scheduler modes, inheritance and overlapping
MODULE 8: UNDERSTANDING CICODE
- Using Cicode commands
- Cicode expressions and functions
- Cicode variables and arrays
- Cicode conditionals and operators
- Debugging and advanced concepts
MODULE 9: UNDERSTANDING CITECTVBA
- CitectVBA basics
- Integrating CitectVBA and Vijeo Citect
- Using the CitectVBA function reference
MODULE 10: DATABASES
- Configuring the Database Exchange
- Using MS SQL Server 2000
- Using Access MDB
- Using dBase DBF
- Using Microsoft Excel
MODULE 11: THE RUNTIME MANAGER
- The Runtime Manager interface
- Launching and shutting down the Runtime Manager
- Working with processes in the Runtime Manager
MODULE 12: PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER – AN EXAMPLE PROJECT
- Evaluate user requirements of the example project
- Do a holistic system design including PLC and CitectSCADA / Vijeo
- Implement the control logic in PLC ladder diagrams
- Design the SCADA system and implement it in Citect Vijeo using concepts from Modules 1 – 11
Contact Our Course Advisors
Click here to contact us to receive assistance from our Course Advisors.
In Company Online Training Solutions
Special class groups can be arranged on request to match your own schedule. If you have a large number of staff who should complete any of our programs, read more about EIT's In Company Online Training HERE and contact us to assist you further.
To access the detailed program brochure, please complete this form.
What are the fees for my country?
The Engineering Institute of Technology (EIT) provides distance education to students located all around the world – it is one of the very few truly global training institutes. Course fees are paid in a currency that is determined by the student’s location. We aim to give you a rapid response regarding course fees that are relevant to your individual circumstances.
We understand that cost is a major consideration before a student begins to study. For a rapid reply to your query regarding courses fees and payment options, please contact a Course Advisor in your region via the below button and we will respond within two (2) business days.
EIT Certificate Course Payment Information
Please contact us with your location for certificate fees in the relevant currency. Full payment is required between two (2) and four (4) weeks before the course starts.
Certificate fees include:
- All live webinars with a professional instructor
- Four (4) technical manuals (as searchable eBooks)
- Course materials
- Assignments, and
- Ongoing support from a dedicated Course Coordinator
All you need to participate is an Internet connection, a computer, speakers and, if possible, a microphone.
Fee concessions may apply for multiple bookings on our certificate courses.
For a rapid reply to your query regarding courses fees and payment options, please contact us and we will respond within two (2) business days.
More courses available from EIT's School of Industrial Automation
Accredited Postgraduate Programs
Accredited Diploma and Advanced Diploma Programs
- Advanced Diploma of Electrical and Instrumentation (E & I) Engineering in MiningI
- Advanced Diploma of Electrical and Instrumentation (E & I) Engineering for Oil and Gas FacilitiesI
- Advanced Diploma of Industrial AutomationI
- Advanced Diploma of Remote Engineering, Mechatronics and RoboticsI
Professional Development Series
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Allen Bradley Controllogix/Logix5000 PLC Platforms
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Best Practice in Process, Electrical & Instrumentation Drawings and Documentation
- Professional Certificate of Competency in CitectSCADA/VIJEO
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Control Valve Sizing, Selection and Maintenance
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Hazardous Areas and Intrinsic Safety for Engineers and Technicians
- Professional Certificate of Competency in IEC 61850 based Substation Automation
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Instrumentation, Automation and Process Control
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Machine Vision Applications in Industry
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Practical Boiler Control and Instrumentation for Engineers and Technicians
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Process Control Incorporating Loop Tuning and Advanced Control Strategies
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) and SCADA System
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Safety Instrumentation Systems for Process Industries
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Siemens S7 1200/TIA Portal
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Subsea Oil and Gas Technology
- Professional Certificate of Competency in the Selection, Commissioning and Maintenance of Shutdown, Blowdown, Severe Service and Choke Valves
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Wonderware InTouch HMI
In order to meet the exacting demands of the oil and gas, mining, manufacturing and downstream processing industries, modern plants are equipped with systems and devices which are needed to measure and regulate variables such as temperature, pressure, flow, humidity, liquid level, velocity and density. Industrial Automation provides the technology to control and monitor a process plant using such concepts as feedback, cascade, feedforward and advanced process control. Here at the Engineering Institute of Technology (EIT), we have developed industry-focused programs in the form of vocational diplomas, advanced diplomas and graduate certificates, all the way up to Masters level in the higher education sector.
There is a critical shortage of automation, instrumentation and control engineers, technicians and technologists around the world now due to the retirement, restructuring and rapid growth in new technologies and industries. The respected International Society of Automation (ISA) organization estimated that at least 15,000 new automation engineers are needed annually in the USA alone.
In keeping with the philosophy of EIT, students in this school are exposed to the practical, up-to-the-minute knowledge and skills demanded by leading industries worldwide, with online instrumentation courses. EIT does not just cater to a generic student body, instead all of our online instrumentation courses are specific to industry. The programs cover a large range of topics and are suited to anyone needing an intensive and practical look at all facets of industrial automation, instrumentation and process control.
The short courses that form part of EIT's professional development series are designed to provide students with critical knowledge and practical tools that can be immediately applied to the workplace. They are ideal to up-skill and/or cross-skill in a particular area or technology and are not accredited programs.
Students in EIT's School of Industrial Automation, Instrumentation and Process Control study subjects which include: process control, instrumentation, control valves, process plant layout and piping design, tuning of process loops, SCADA, PLCs, advanced process control (APC), boiler control, hazardous areas, safety instrumentation (IEC 61511 and IEC 61508), HAZOPs, industrial data communications, networking, deviceNet and Fieldbus, industrial wireless, radio telemetry systems, shielding/EMC/EMI, and noise reduction.
I: Vocational Education & Training (VET) program
II: Higher Education program
Frequently Asked Questions