Engineering Institute of Technology Course Overview
The Engineering Institute of Technology (EIT) offers online programs through innovative and live eLearning in the following disciplines:
- School of Industrial Automation, Instrumentation & Process Control
- School of Civil Engineering
- School of Data Communications & Industrial IT
- School of Electrical Engineering
- School of Electronic Engineering
- School of Mechanical Engineering
- School of Management
Benefits of eLearning to Students
- Cost effective: no travel or accommodation necessary
- Interactive: live, interactive sessions let you communicate with your instructor and fellow students
- Flexible: short interactive sessions over the Internet which you can attend from your home or office. Learn while you earn!
- Practical: perform exercises by remotely accessing our labs and simulation software
- Expert instructors: instructors have extensive industry experience; they are not just 'academics'
- No geographical limits: learn from any location, all you need is an Internet connection
- Constant support: from your instructor(s) and a dedicated Course Coordinator for the complete duration of the course
- International insight: interact and network with participants from around the globe and gain valuable insight into international practice
Benefits of eLearning to Employers
- Lower training costs: no travel or accommodation necessary
- Less downtime: short webinars (60-90 minutes) and flexible training methods means less time away from work
- Retain employees: keep staff who may be considering a qualification as full time study
- Increase efficiency: improve your engineering or technical employees’ skills and knowledge
- International insight: students will have access to internationally based professional instructors and students
How Does it Work?
EIT eLearning courses involve a combination of live, interactive sessions over the Internet with a professional instructor, set readings, and assignments. The courses include simulation software and remote laboratory applications to let you put theory to practice, and provide you with constant support from a dedicated Course Coordinator.
Practical Exercises and Remote Laboratories
As part of the groundbreaking new way of teaching, our online engineering courses use a series of remote laboratories (labs) and simulation software, to facilitate your learning and to test the knowledge you gain during your course. These involve complete working labs set up at various locations of the world into which you will be able to log to and proceed through the various practical sessions.
These will be supplemented by simulation software, running either remotely or on your computer, to ensure you gain the requisite hands-on experience. No one can learn much solely from lectures, the labs and simulation software are designed to increase the absorption of the materials and to give you a practical orientation of the learning experience. All this will give you a solid, practical exposure to the key principles covered and will ensure that you obtain maximum benefit from your course.
Programs available through the Engineering Institute of Technology include:
- Professional Certificates of Competency
- Advanced Diplomas
- Graduate Certificate
- Graduate Diploma
- Master of Engineering (Industrial Automation)
- Corporate/On-Demand eLearning Courses
Learn more about our proposed Bachelor of Engineering here.
Contact Our Course Advisors
Click here to submit a course query.
Click here to download the full EIT Course Catalogue.
Click through to the Course pages in the menu at the top of the page to view specific course information and course brochures.
What are the fees for my country?
The Engineering Institute of Technology (EIT) provides distance education to students located almost anywhere in the world – it is one of the very few truly global training institutes. Course fees are paid in a currency that is determined by the student’s location. A full list of fees in a currency appropriate for every country would be complex to navigate and, with today’s exchange rate fluctuations, difficult to maintain. Instead we aim to give you a rapid response regarding fees that is customised to your individual circumstances.
We understand that cost is a major consideration before a student commences study. For a rapid reply to your enquiry regarding courses fees and payment options, please enquire via the below button and we will respond within 2 business days.
EIT Advanced Diploma Course Payment Options
Two payment options are available for the Advanced Diploma courses;
OPTION 1 - PAY UPFRONT
Pay total amount upfront to receive a 5% reduction in fees.
OPTION 2 - MONTHLY PAYMENTS BY CREDIT CARD
This option allows for even monthly payments. The first payment is required at least four weeks before the course starts, then one on the same date every month for the remaining period. For the duration of the program, you receive access to the complete electronic library of technical manuals published by ID Technologies which contains over 160 manuals with more than 40,000 pages of useful content.
Discounts are available for group bookings
For a rapid reply to your query regarding course fees and payment options, please contact us with your name, email address, course title(s), and location using the form below, and we will respond within 2 business days.
The Engineering Institute of Technology (EIT) offers online programs in the following areas:
Frequently Asked Questions
Education Pathways - Choose a path that is right for you
EIT now has several education pathways available to you, allowing you more flexibility and choice.
- Pathway WITH Credit
Completing an EIT Advanced diploma provides a convenient exit point which ensures that you still receive a qualification should you need withdraw from your studies early. If you successfully complete an EIT Advanced Diploma and choose to continue your studies, you will be eligible to receive credit for a significant proportion of an EIT bachelor degree, fast-tracking your studies.
Alternatively, if you have completed a prior qualification from another institution, you may still be eligible to apply for credit. If successful, you may choose to progress through a Bachelor degree, with part-time or full-time, completing the required units as they are scheduled.
- Pathway WITHOUT Credit
If you are not eligible to apply for credit, you can enter directly into our Bachelor program, and select either a full-time or part-time intensive study load depending on your personal circumstances.
You are now able to progress smoothly through to a Master qualification, with our unique, practical delivery model. In some cases you are able to select between our interactive online approach or classroom based learning (or a combination of both); however this is subject to availability. Please contact us for more information.
The diagram included below aims to help you understand how you can seamlessly progress your engineering career with EIT in a successful way. The options include: part-time and full-time study mode; pathways with and without credit; and suitable "exit" or "rest" points that allow you to earn accredited and valuable qualifications while you continue to work. You can also view the Online Routes to Engineering Career Success diagram by clicking here.