Engineering Institute of Technology (EIT) School of Data Communications and Industrial IT
Accredited Diploma and Advanced Diploma Programs
Professional Development Series
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Advanced TCP/IP-Based Industrial Networking
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Engineering and Industrial Mobile Application Development
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Industrial Data Communications
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Modern SCADA Communication Systems including DNP3 & IEC60870
- Cybersecurity for Automation, Control, and SCADA Systems
Industrial data communications, networking and IT systems are key components of all modern plants and facilities and industrial infrastructure. Robust and reliable communications links are now critical in almost every industry. There are daily reports of viral and hack attacks on industrial computer systems and there is an extraordinary need for up-to-date training and education in these areas.
To address the shortage of well-trained industrial data communications, networking and industrial IT personnel, EIT has developed an Advanced Diploma in Industrial Data Communications, Networking and IT. The short courses that form part of EIT's professional development series are designed to provide students with critical knowledge and practical tools that can be immediately applied to the workplace. They are ideal to up-skill and/or cross-skill in a particular area or technology.
Typical subjects that are taught and researched in the EIT School of Data Communications and Industrial IT include: computer systems engineering, data communications and networking protocols and standards, troubleshooting systems, Fieldbus, DeviceNet, Ethernet, Radio telemetry systems, fiber optics, DNP3, 61850, routers and switches, SCADA, Modbus, programmable logic controllers, RFID tagging, industrial network security and programming.
To learn more about the engineering programs offered by EIT, please complete our contact form available in this link and we will have one of our expert Course Advisors assist you.