Advanced Diploma of Industrial Data Communications, Networking and IT
Course at a Glance
Course Name - Advanced Diploma of Industrial Data Communications, Networking and IT
Course Code - DIT
VET Code - 52782WA
Qualification - Advanced Diploma
Duration - 18 Months
CEU/CPD* - on enquiry
BY COMPLETING THIS 18-MONTH INTERACTIVE LIVE ONLINE PROGRAM, YOU WILL GAIN:
- Skills and know-how in the latest industrial data communications, networking and IT including Ethernet, field buses, fiber optics, DNP3, TCP/IP, VoIP, PLCs, SCADA and much more
- Practical guidance from experts in the field of data communications and networking
- 'Hands on' knowledge from the extensive experience of the instructors, rather than from only the theoretical information gained from books and college reading
- Credibility as a data communications expert in your firm
- Networking contacts in the industry
- Improved career prospects and income
- An accredited Advanced Diploma of Industrial Data Communications, Networking and IT
Contact us for more information and future start dates.
Gain indepth skills and knowledge by undertaking this Advanced Diploma in Industrial Data Communications, Networking and IT over 18 months (intensive, part-time). Delivered by live distance learning and presented by some of the leading industrial data communications and IT instructors in the world today. There is a serious shortage of industrial data communications and industrial IT engineers, technologists and technicians in the world due to these new technologies only recently becoming a key component of modern plants, factories and offices. This critical shortage of experts in the area has been accentuated by retirement, restructuring and rapid growth in new industries and technologies.
Who should complete this program?
Anyone who wants to gain solid knowledge of the key elements of industrial data communications to improve their work skills and to further their job prospects, such as:
- Electrical Engineers and Electricians
- Maintenance Engineers and Supervisors
- Energy Management Consultants
- Automation and Process Engineers
- Design Engineers
- Project Managers
- Instrument Fitters and Instrumentation Engineers
- Consulting Engineers
- Production Managers
- Chemical and Mechanical Engineers
- Instrument and Process Control Technicians
The course is composed of 21 modules, which cover four main engineering threads to provide you with maximum practical coverage in the field of industrial data communications. It is deliverd over 18 continuous months (intensive, part-time). The engineering streams are:
- Data Communications, Networking and Protocols
- SCADA, PLCs and Data Acquisition
- Industrial IT and Programming
- Project Management for Industrial Data Communications and IT
The modules are completed in the following order:
- Module 1: Physical Media
- Module 2: Industrial Data Communications
- Module 3: Ethernet
- Module 4: Wireless Communication Systems
- Module 5: TCP/IP and VoIP
- Module 6: Routers and Switches
- Module 7: Field Buses
- Module 8: MODBUS
- Module 9: DNP3 and IEC 60870-5 for SCADA
- Module 10: Fundamentals of OPC
- Module 11: PLCs and IEC 61131-3
- Module 12: SCADA and Data Acquisition
- Module 13: E-Manufacturing, MES and Supply Chain Management
- Module 14: Fundamentals of Professional Engineering
- Module 15: Industrial Network Security
- Module 16: HTML/Web Design
- Module 17: Algorithm Design
- Module 18: C++ Programming
- Module 19: SQL: Databases
- Module 20: Microsoft Windows Administration
- Module 21: PC Hardware and Troubleshooting
Learning and Teaching
Benefits of eLearning to Students
- Cost effective: no travel or accommodation necessary
- Interactive: live, interactive sessions let you communicate with your instructor and fellow students
- Flexible: short interactive sessions over the Internet which you can attend from your home or office. Learn while you earn!
- Practical: perform exercises by remotely accessing our labs and simulation software
- Expert instructors: instructors have extensive industry experience; they are not just 'academics'
- No geographical limits: learn from any location, all you need is an Internet connection
- Constant support: from your instructor(s) and a dedicated Course Coordinator for the complete duration of the course
- International insight: interact and network with participants from around the globe and gain valuable insight into international practice
Benefits of eLearning to Employers
- Lower training costs: no travel or accommodation necessary
- Less downtime: short webinars (60-90 minutes) and flexible training methods means less time away from work
- Retain employees: keep staff who may be considering a qualification as full time study
- Increase efficiency: improve your engineering or technical employees’ skills and knowledge
- International insight: students will have access to internationally based professional instructors and students
How Does it Work?
EIT eLearning courses involve a combination of live, interactive sessions over the Internet with a professional instructor, set readings, and assignments. The courses include simulation software and remote laboratory applications to let you put theory to practice, and provide you with constant support from a dedicated Course Coordinator.
Practical Exercises and Remote Laboratories
As part of the groundbreaking new way of teaching, our online engineering courses use a series of remote laboratories (labs) and simulation software, to facilitate your learning and to test the knowledge you gain during your course. These involve complete working labs set up at various locations of the world into which you will be able to log to and proceed through the various practical sessions.
These will be supplemented by simulation software, running either remotely or on your computer, to ensure you gain the requisite hands-on experience. No one can learn much solely from lectures, the labs and simulation software are designed to increase the absorption of the materials and to give you a practical orientation of the learning experience. All this will give you a solid, practical exposure to the key principles covered and will ensure that you obtain maximum benefit from your course.
Contact Our Course Advisors
Click here to contact us to receive assistance from our Course Advisors.
In Company Online Training Solutions
Special class groups can be arranged on request to match your own schedule. If you have a large number of staff who should complete any of our programs, read more about EIT's In Company Online Training HERE and contact us to assist you further.
To access the detailed program brochure, please complete this form.
Note: Course content is subject to change.
What are the fees for my country?
The Engineering Institute of Technology (EIT) provides distance education to students located almost anywhere in the world – it is one of the very few truly global training institutes. Course fees are paid in a currency that is determined by the student’s location. A full list of fees in a currency appropriate for every country would be complex to navigate and, with today’s exchange rate fluctuations, difficult to maintain. Instead we aim to give you a rapid response regarding fees that is customised to your individual circumstances.
We understand that cost is a major consideration before a student commences study. For a rapid reply to your enquiry regarding courses fees and payment options, please enquire via the below button and we will respond within 2 business days.
EIT Advanced Diploma Course Payment Options
Two payment options are available for the Advanced Diploma courses;
OPTION 1 - PAY UPFRONT
Pay total amount upfront to receive a 5% reduction in fees.
OPTION 2 - MONTHLY PAYMENTS BY CREDIT CARD
This option allows for even monthly payments. The first payment is required at least four weeks before the course starts, then one on the same date every month for the remaining period. For the duration of the program, you receive access to the complete electronic library of technical manuals published by IDC Technologies which contains over 160 manuals with more than 40,000 pages of useful content.
Discounts are available for group bookings
For a rapid reply to your query regarding course fees and payment options, please contact us with your name, email address, course title(s), and location using the form below, and we will respond within 2 business days.
Other courses available from EIT's School of Data Communications & Industrial IT
- Advanced Diploma of Industrial Data Communications, Networking and IT
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Advanced TCP/IP-Based Industrial Networking
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Cybersecurity for Automation, Control, and SCADA Systems
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Engineering and Industrial Mobile Application Development
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Industrial Data Communications
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Modern SCADA Communication Systems including DNP3 & IEC60870
Industrial data communications, networking and IT systems are key components of all modern plants and facilities and industrial infrastructure. Robust and reliable communications links are now critical in almost every industry. There are daily reports of viral and hack attacks on industrial computer systems and there is an extraordinary need for up-to-date training and education in these areas.
To address the shortage of well-trained industrial data communications, networking and industrial IT personnel, EIT has developed an Advanced Diploma in Industrial Data Communications, Networking and IT. The short courses that form part of EIT's professional development series are designed to provide students with critical knowledge and practical tools that can be immediately applied to the workplace. They are ideal to up-skill and/or cross-skill in a particular area or technology.
Typical subjects that are taught and researched in the EIT School of Data Communications and Industrial IT include: computer systems engineering, data communications and networking protocols and standards, troubleshooting systems, Fieldbus, DeviceNet, Ethernet, Radio telemetry systems, fiber optics, DNP3, 61850, routers and switches, SCADA, Modbus, programmable logic controllers, RFID tagging, industrial network security and programming.
Reviews & Frequently Asked Questions
Here is what some of our past students have said about this course:
"Overall a good course which I am happy to have participated in. I have no doubt it has enhanced my effectiveness within my current job. J. Lord (Australia)
"Very good program and am so proud to have completed it. Thank you EIT." E. Tutu (Botswana)
Tales from the Trenches – Don’t Mind the Gap! Fill It!
We interviewed Hazel Woodhall about her experiences in completing the Advanced Diploma of Industrial Data Communications, Networking and IT in the latter part of 2013. Despite her strong IT background she felt the need to find a course which filled her engineering knowledge gaps. She admits that the program did indeed accomplish this. Read more about Hazel's full experiences in EIT's Advanced Diploma of Industrial Data Communications, Networking and IT.