Advanced Diploma of Biomedical Engineering
Course at a Glance
Course Name - Advanced Diploma of Biomedical Engineering
Course Code - DBE
VET Code - 52705WA
Qualification - Advanced Diploma
Duration - 18 Months
CEU/CPD* - on enquiry
IN THIS INTENSIVE PART-TIME 18-MONTH LIVE ONLINE PROGRAM YOU WILL GAIN:
- Practical guidance from biomedical engineering experts in the field
- 'Hands on' knowledge from the extensive experience of the lecturers, rather than from only the theoretical information gained from books and college reading
- Credibility as a biomedical engineering expert in your firm
- Skills and know-how in the latest technologies in biomedical engineering
- Networking contacts in the industry
- Improved career prospects and income
- An Advanced Diploma of Biomedical Engineering
The next intake starts on the week of June 06, 2017.
Payment is not required until 2 to 4 weeks before the start of the program.
Biomedical engineering is the synergy of many facets of applied science and engineering. The advanced diploma in biomedical engineering provides the knowledge and skills in electrical, electronic engineering required to service and maintain healthcare equipment. You will develop a wide range of skills that may be applied to develop software, instrumentation, image processing and mathematical models for simulation. Biomedical engineers are employed in hospitals, clinical laboratories, medical equipment manufacturing companies, medical equipment service and maintenance companies, pharmaceutical manufacturing companies, assistive technology and rehabilitation engineering manufacturing companies, research centres. Medical technology industry is one of the fast-growing sectors in engineering field. Join the next generation of biomedical engineers and technicians and embrace a well paid, intensive yet enjoyable career by embarking on this comprehensive and practical program. It provides a solid overview of the current state of biomedical engineering and is presented in a practical and useful manner - all theory covered is tied to a practical outcomes. Leading biomedical/electronic engineers with several years of experience in biomedical engineering present the program over the web using the latest distance learning techniques.
There is a great shortage of biomedical engineers and technicians in every part of the world due to retirement, restructuring and rapid growth in new industries and technologies. Many companies employ electrical, electronic engineers to fill the vacancy and provide on the job training to learn about biomedical engineering. The aim of this 18-month eLearning program is to provide you with core biomedical engineering skills to enhance your career prospects and to benefit your company/institution. Often universities and colleges do a brilliant job of teaching the theoretical topics, but fail to actively engage in the 'real world' application of the theory with biomedical engineering. This advanced diploma is presented by lecturers who are highly experienced engineers, having worked in the biomedical engineering industry. When doing any program today, a mix of both extensive experience and teaching prowess is essential. All our lecturers have been carefully selected and are seasoned professionals.
This practical program avoids weighty theory. This is rarely needed in the real world of industry where time is short and immediate results, based on hard-hitting and useful know-how, is a minimum requirement. The topics that will be covered are derived from the acclaimed IDC Technologies' programs attended by over 500,000 engineers and technicians throughout the world during the past 20 years. And, due to the global nature of biomedical engineering today, you will be exposed to international standards.
This program is not intended as a substitute for a 4 or 5 year engineering degree, nor is it aimed at an accomplished and experienced professional biomedical engineer who is working at the leading edge of technology in these varied fields. It is, however, intended to be the distillation of the key skills and know how in practical, state-of-the-art biomedical engineering. It should also be noted that learning is not only about attending programs, but also involves practical hands-on work with your peers, mentors, suppliers and clients.
Join the next generation of electronic engineers and technicians and embrace a well paid, intensive yet enjoyable career by embarking on this comprehensive and practical course. It provides a solid overview of the current state of electronics engineering practice and is presented in a practical and useful manner - all theory covered is tied to a practical outcome. Leading electronics engineers present the course over the web using the latest distance learning techniques.
Who Should Complete this Program
- Electrical and Electronic Engineers
- Electrical and Electronic Technicians
- Biomedical Equipment/Engineering Technician
- Field Technicians
- Healthcare equipment service technicians
- Project Engineers and Managers
- Design Engineers
- Instrumentation Engineers
- Control Engineers
- Maintenance Engineers and Supervisors
- Consulting Engineers
- Production Managers
- Mechanical Engineers
- Medical Sales Engineers
In fact, anyone who wants to gain solid knowledge of the key elements of biomedical engineering in order to improve work skills and to create further job prospects. Even individuals who are working in the healthcare industry may find it useful to attend to gain key, up to date perspectives.
The program is composed of 18 modules. These cover the basics of electrical, electronic and software knowledge and skills to provide you with maximum practical coverage in the biomedical engineering field.
The 18 modules will be completed in the following order:
- Basic Electrical Engineering
- Technical and Specification Writing
- Fundamentals of Professional Engineering
- Engineering Drawings
- Printed Circuit Board Design
- Anatomy and Physiology for Engineering
- Power Electronics and Power Supplies
- Shielding, EMC/EMI, Noise Reduction and Grounding/Earthing
- Troubleshooting Electronic Components and Circuits
- Biomedical Instrumentation
- Biomedical Signal Processing
- C++ Programming
- Embedded Microcontrollers
- Biomedical Modelling and Simulation
- Biomedical Equipment and Engineering Practices
- Biomedical Image Processing
- Biomechanics and Assistive Technology
- Medical Informatics and Telemedicine
Learning and Teaching
Benefits of eLearning to Students
- Cost effective: no travel or accommodation necessary
- Interactive: live, interactive sessions let you communicate with your instructor and fellow students
- Flexible: short interactive sessions over the Internet which you can attend from your home or office. Learn while you earn!
- Practical: perform exercises by remotely accessing our labs and simulation software
- Expert instructors: instructors have extensive industry experience; they are not just 'academics'
- No geographical limits: learn from any location, all you need is an Internet connection
- Constant support: from your instructor(s) and a dedicated Course Coordinator for the complete duration of the course
- International insight: interact and network with participants from around the globe and gain valuable insight into international practice
Benefits of eLearning to Employers
- Lower training costs: no travel or accommodation necessary
- Less downtime: short webinars (60-90 minutes) and flexible training methods means less time away from work
- Retain employees: keep staff who may be considering a qualification as full time study
- Increase efficiency: improve your engineering or technical employees’ skills and knowledge
- International insight: students will have access to internationally based professional instructors and students
How Does it Work?
EIT eLearning courses involve a combination of live, interactive sessions over the Internet with a professional instructor, set readings, and assignments. The courses include simulation software and remote laboratory applications to let you put theory to practice, and provide you with constant support from a dedicated Course Coordinator.
Practical Exercises and Remote Laboratories
As part of the groundbreaking new way of teaching, our online engineering courses use a series of remote laboratories (labs) and simulation software, to facilitate your learning and to test the knowledge you gain during your course. These involve complete working labs set up at various locations of the world into which you will be able to log to and proceed through the various practical sessions.
These will be supplemented by simulation software, running either remotely or on your computer, to ensure you gain the requisite hands-on experience. No one can learn much solely from lectures, the labs and simulation software are designed to increase the absorption of the materials and to give you a practical orientation of the learning experience. All this will give you a solid, practical exposure to the key principles covered and will ensure that you obtain maximum benefit from your course.
Contact Our Course Advisors
Click here to contact us to receive assistance from our experienced Course Advisors.
In Company Online Training Solutions
Special class groups can be arranged on request to match your own schedule. If you have a large number of staff who should complete any of our programs, read more about EIT's In Company Online Training HERE and contact us to assist you further.
To access the detailed program brochure, please complete this form.
What are the fees for my country?
The Engineering Institute of Technology (EIT) provides distance education to students located almost anywhere in the world – it is one of the very few truly global training institutes. Course fees are paid in a currency that is determined by the student’s location. A full list of fees in a currency appropriate for every country would be complex to navigate and, with today’s exchange rate fluctuations, difficult to maintain. Instead we aim to give you a rapid response regarding fees that is customised to your individual circumstances.
We understand that cost is a major consideration before a student commences study. For a rapid reply to your enquiry regarding courses fees and payment options, please enquire via the below button and we will respond within 2 business days.
EIT Advanced Diploma Course Payment Options
Two payment options are available for the Advanced Diploma courses;
OPTION 1 - PAY UPFRONT
Pay total amount upfront to receive a 5% reduction in fees.
OPTION 2 - MONTHLY PAYMENTS BY CREDIT CARD
This option allows for even monthly payments. The first payment is required at least four weeks before the course starts, then one on the same date every month for the remaining period. For the duration of the program, you receive access to the complete electronic library of technical manuals published by ID Technologies which contains over 160 manuals with more than 40,000 pages of useful content.
Discounts are available for group bookings
For a rapid reply to your query regarding course fees and payment options, please contact us with your name, email address, course title(s), and location using the form below, and we will respond within 2 business days.
Engineering Institute of Technology (EIT) School of Electronic Engineering
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Power Electronics, Switch Mode Power Supplies and Variable Speed Drives for Electrical, Instrumentation and Control Systems
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Troubleshooting, Designing and Installing Digital and Analog Closed Circuit TV Systems
- Professional Certificate of Competency in Digital Signal Processing
Electronics engineering involves an intimate knowledge of the behaviour of electrons to develop components, devices, systems or equipment. There are many subfields such as biomedical engineering, power electronics, digital signal and image processing. In common with all of the Schools within the Engineering Institute of Technology (EIT), students in this field require a multi-disciplinary approach. Demand is assured for trained personnel in various engineering fields who also have a strong knowledge in the industrial applications of electronics.
Students in the EIT School of Electronics Engineering may specialise in subjects such as power electronics, switch mode power supply design, specification and technical writing, digital signal processing, embedded controllers, data acquisition systems and technologies, shielding, EMC/EMI noise reduction and analog/digital design and circuit board layout.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click here to view our Frequently Asked Questions.